Containerless synthesis of amorphous and nanophase organic materials
The invention provides a method for producing a mixture of amorphous compounds, the method comprising supplying a solution containing the compounds; and allowing at least a portion of the solvent of the solution to evaporate while preventing the solute of the solution from contacting a nucleation point. Also provided is a method for transforming solids to amorphous material, the method comprising heating the solids in an environment to form a melt, wherein the environment contains no nucleation points; and cooling the melt in the environment.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- UCHICAGO ARGONNE, LLC (Chicago, IL) ANL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2012 Jan 30
- Research Org:
- Argonne National Lab. (ANL), Argonne, IL (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 36 MATERIALS SCIENCE
Other works cited in this record:Solidification of acoustically levitated o-terphenyl crystals: a Raman study
journal, January 1995
- Biswas, A.
- Journal of Crystal Growth, Vol. 147, Issue 1-2, p. 155-164
Two-dimensional detector software: From real detector to idealised image or two-theta scan
journal, January 1996
- Hammersley, A. P.; Svensson, S. O.; Hanfland, M.
- High Pressure Research, Vol. 14, Issue 4-6, p. 235-248
PDFgetX2: a GUI-driven program to obtain the pair distribution function from X-ray powder diffraction data
journal, July 2004
- Qiu, Xiangyun; Thompson, Jeroen W.; Billinge, Simon J. L.
- Journal of Applied Crystallography, Vol. 37, Issue 4, p. 678-678
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: