The present invention provides conjugates of DNA and cells by linking the DNA to a native functional group on the cell surface. The cells can be without cell walls or can have cell walls. The modified cells can be linked to a substrate surface and used in assay or bioreactors.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- The Regents of the University of California (Oakland, CA) LBNL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2010 Apr 08
- Research Org:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Lab. (LBNL), Berkeley, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 59 BASIC BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES; 60 APPLIED LIFE SCIENCES
Other works cited in this record:Programmable Cell Adhesion Encoded by DNA Hybridization
journal, January 2006
- Chandra, Ravi A.; Douglas, Erik S.; Mathies, Richard A.
- Angewandte Chemie International Edition, Vol. 45, Issue 6, p. 896-901
DNA-Coated AFM Cantilevers for the Investigation of Cell Adhesion and the Patterning of Live Cells
journal, October 2008
- Hsiao, Sonny C.; Crow, Ailey K.; Lam, Wilbur A.
- Angewandte Chemie International Edition, Vol. 47, Issue 44, p. 8473-8477
Behavior of synthetic polymers immobilized on a cell membrane
journal, April 2008
- Teramura, Yuji; Kaneda, Yoshihiro; Totani, Takahiko
- Biomaterials, Vol. 29, Issue 10, p. 1345-1355
Integrated microfluidic bioprocessor for single-cell gene expression analysis
journal, December 2008
- Toriello, N. M.; Douglas, E. S.; Thaitrong, N.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 105, Issue 51, p. 20173-20178
A Universal Method for the Preparation of Covalent Protein–DNA Conjugates for Use in Creating Protein Nanostructures
journal, November 2007
- Duckworth, Benjamin P.; Chen, Yan; Wollack, James W.
- Angewandte Chemie International Edition, Vol. 46, Issue 46, p. 8819-8822
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: