Gas turbine combustor exit piece with hinged connections
An exit piece (66) with an inlet throat (67) that conducts a combustion gas flow (36A) in a path (82) from a combustor (63) to an annular chamber (68) that feeds the first blade section (37) of a gas turbine (26). The exit piece further includes an outlet portion (69) that forms a circumferential segment of the annular chamber. The outlet portion interconnects with adjacent outlet portions by hinges (78A, 78B, 80A, 80B). Each hinge may have a hinge axis (82A, 82B) parallel to a centerline (21) of the turbine. Respective gas flows (36A) are configured by an assembly (60) of the exit pieces to converge on the feed chamber (68) into a uniform helical flow that drives the first blade section with minimal circumferential variations in force.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- SIEMENS ENERGY, INC. (Orlando, FL) NETL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2013 Mar 15
- Research Org:
- SIEMENS ENERGY, INC., Orlando, FL (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 33 ADVANCED PROPULSION SYSTEMS; 32 ENERGY CONSERVATION, CONSUMPTION, AND UTILIZATION
Other works cited in this record:Gas Turbine Power Plant
patent, September 1951
- Owner, F.; Marchant, F.
- US Patent Document 2,567,079
Combustion transition duct providing stage 1 tangential turning for turbine engines
patent, May 2010
- Bancalari, Eduardo; Wilson, Jody; Little, David A.
- US Patent Document 7,721,547
Modular transvane assembly
patent, July 2012
- Wilson, Jody W.; Nordlund, Raymond S.; Charron, Richard C.
- US Patent Document 8,230,688
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: