Metal halide solid-state surface treatment for nanocrystal materials
Methods of treating nanocrystal and/or quantum dot devices are described. The methods include contacting the nanocrystals and/or quantum dots with a solution including metal ions and halogen ions, such that the solution displaces native ligands present on the surface of the nanocrystals and/or quantum dots via ligand exchange.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Alliance for Sustainable Energy, LLC (Golden, CO) NREL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2015 Nov 12
- Research Org:
- National Renewable Energy Lab. (NREL), Golden, CO (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 36 MATERIALS SCIENCE; 77 NANOSCIENCE AND NANOTECHNOLOGY
Other works cited in this record:n-Type Transition Metal Oxide as a Hole Extraction Layer in PbS Quantum Dot Solar Cells
journal, August 2011
- Gao, Jianbo; Perkins, Craig L.; Luther, Joseph M.
- Nano Letters, Vol. 11, Issue 8, p. 3263-3266
Spontaneous Superlattice Formation in Nanorods Through Partial Cation Exchange
journal, July 2007
- Robinson, R. D.; Sadtler, B.; Demchenko, D. O.
- Science, Vol. 317, Issue 5836, p. 355-358
Quantum dots for next-generation photovoltaics
journal, November 2012
- Semonin, Octavi E.; Luther, Joseph M.; Beard, Matthew C.
- Materials Today, Vol. 15, Issue 11, p. 508-515
N-Type Colloidal-Quantum-Dot Solids for Photovoltaics
journal, September 2012
- Zhitomirsky, David; Furukawa, Melissa; Tang, Jiang
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 24, Issue 46, p. 6181-6185
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: