Methods, compositions and kits for imaging cells and tissues using nanoparticles and spatial frequency heterodyne imaging
Methods, compositions, systems, devices and kits are provided herein for preparing and using a nanoparticle composition and spatial frequency heterodyne imaging for visualizing cells or tissues. In various embodiments, the nanoparticle composition includes at least one of: a nanoparticle, a polymer layer, and a binding agent, such that the polymer layer coats the nanoparticle and is for example a polyethylene glycol, a polyelectrolyte, an anionic polymer, or a cationic polymer, and such that the binding agent that specifically binds the cells or the tissue. Methods, compositions, systems, devices and kits are provided for identifying potential therapeutic agents in a model using the nanoparticle composition and spatial frequency heterodyne imaging.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- BROWN UNIVERSITY (Providence, RI) RHODE ISLAND HOSPITAL (Providence, RI) CHO
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2012 Oct 05
- Research Org:
- BROWN UNIVERSITY, Providence, RI (United States) RHODE ISLAND HOSPITAL, Providence, RI (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 60 APPLIED LIFE SCIENCES; 59 BASIC BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES; 77 NANOSCIENCE AND NANOTECHNOLOGY
Other works cited in this record:A Cellular Trojan Horse for Delivery of Therapeutic Nanoparticles into Tumors
journal, December 2007
- Choi, Mi-Ran; Stanton-Maxey, Katie J.; Stanley, Jennifer K.
- Nano Letters, Vol. 7, Issue 12, p. 3759-3765
Monoclonal antibody G6K12 specific for membrane-associated differentiation marker of human stratified squamous epithelia and squamous cell carcinoma
journal, April 1993
- Harada, Hidemitsu; Osaki, Yasuyoshi; Kukita, Toshio
- Journal of Oral Pathology and Medicine, Vol. 22, Issue 4, p. 145-152
Nanoshell-mediated near-infrared thermal therapy of tumors under magnetic resonance guidance
journal, November 2003
- Hirsch, L. R.; Stafford, R. J.; Bankson, J. A.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 100, Issue 23, p. 13549-13554
In Pursuit of Zero: Polymer Brushes that Resist the Adsorption of Proteins
journal, June 2009
- Hucknall, Angus; Rangarajan, Srinath; Chilkoti, Ashutosh
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 21, Issue 23, p. 2441-2446
Amplification and expression of sequences cotransfected with a modular dihydrofolate reductase complementary DNA gene
journal, August 1982
- Kaufman, Randal J.; Sharp, Phillip A.
- Journal of Molecular Biology, Vol. 159, Issue 4, p. 601-621
Nanoshell-Enabled Photothermal Cancer Therapy: Impending Clinical Impact
journal, December 2008
- Lal, Surbhi; Clare, Susan E.; Halas, Naomi J.
- Accounts of Chemical Research, Vol. 41, Issue 12, p. 1842-1851
Blood compatibility of polyethylene oxide surfaces
journal, January 1995
- Lee, Jin Ho; Lee, Hai Bang; Andrade, Joseph D.
- Progress in Polymer Science, Vol. 20, Issue 6, p. 1043-1079
Biodistribution of PEG-modified gold nanoparticles following intratracheal instillation and intravenous injection
journal, September 2010
- Lipka, Jens; Semmler-Behnke, Manuela; Sperling, Ralph A.
- Biomaterials, Vol. 31, Issue 25, p. 6574-6581
Prognostic value of aspartyl (asparaginyl)-β-hydroxylase/humbug expression in non–small cell lung carcinoma
journal, May 2009
- Luu, Martin; Sabo, Edmond; de la Monte, Suzanne M.
- Human Pathology, Vol. 40, Issue 5, p. 639-644
Preparation and Organization of Nanoscale Polyelectrolyte-Coated Gold Nanoparticles
journal, March 2003
- Mayya, K. S.; Schoeler, B.; Caruso, F.
- Advanced Functional Materials, Vol. 13, Issue 3, p. 183-188
Characterization of two human monoclonal antibodies reactive with HLA-B12 and HLA-B60, respectively, raised by in vitro secondary immunization of peripheral blood lymphocytes
journal, March 1993
- Mulder, Arend; Kardol, Marrie; Blom, Joke
- Human Immunology, Vol. 36, Issue 3, p. 186-192
Early detection of hepatocellular carcinoma by real-time ultrasonography. A prospective study
journal, August 1985
- Sheu, Jin-Chuan; Sung, Juei-Low; Chen, Ding-Shinn
- Cancer, Vol. 56, Issue 3, p. 660-666
Rapid generation of monoclonal antibody-secreting hybridomas against African horse sickness virus by in vitro immunization and the fusion/cloning technique
journal, May 1993
- Stäuber, Norbert; Kihm, Ulrich; McCullough, Kenneth C.
- Journal of Immunological Methods, Vol. 161, Issue 2, p. 157-168
Vapor phase synthesis of supported Pd, Au, and unsupported bimetallic nanoparticle catalysts for CO oxidation
journal, May 2006
- Yang, Yonglai; Saoud, Khaled M.; Abdelsayed, Victor
- Catalysis Communications, Vol. 7, Issue 5, p. 281-284
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: