Apparatus and methods of measuring minority carrier lifetime using a liquid probe
Methods and apparatus for measuring minority carrier lifetimes using liquid probes are provided. In one embodiment, a method of measuring the minority carrier lifetime of a semiconductor material comprises: providing a semiconductor material having a surface; forming a rectifying junction at a first location on the surface by temporarily contacting the surface with a conductive liquid probe; electrically coupling a second junction to the semiconductor material at a second location, wherein the first location and the second location are physically separated; applying a forward bias to the rectifying junction causing minority carrier injection in the semiconductor material; measuring a total capacitance as a function of frequency between the rectifying junction and the second junction; determining an inflection frequency of the total capacitance; and determining a minority lifetime of the semiconductor material from the inflection frequency.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Alliance For Sustainable Energy, LLC (Golden, CO) NREL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2014 Mar 05
- Research Org:
- National Renewable Energy Lab. (NREL), Golden, CO (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 36 MATERIALS SCIENCE
Other works cited in this record:Structure and electronic properties of ionic nano-layers MBE-grown on III–V semiconductors
journal, May 2000
- Szymonski, M.; Korecki, P.; Kolodziej, J.
- Thin Solid Films, Vol. 367, Issue 1-2, p. 134-141
Morphology of thin NaCl films grown epitaxially on Ge(100)
journal, August 1993
- Schwennicke, C.; Schimmelpfennig, J.; Pfnür, H.
- Surface Science, Vol. 293, Issue 1-2, p. 57-66
Initial stages in the epitaxial growth of NaCl on Ge(001)
journal, April 1993
- Lucas, C. A.; Wong, G. C. L.; Dower, C. S.
- Surface Science, Vol. 286, Issue 1-2, p. 46-55
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: