Photosynthetic microorganisms expressing thermostable lipase
The present invention encompasses a photosynthetic microorganism that produces biofuels and biofuel precursors.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- The Arizona Board of Regents for and on Behalf of Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) ARPA-E
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2013 May 20
- Research Org:
- The Arizona Board of Regents for and on Behalf of Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 59 BASIC BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES; 09 BIOMASS FUELS
Other works cited in this record:Lipase protein engineering
journal, December 2000
- Svendsen, Allan
- Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Protein Structure and Molecular Enzymology, Vol. 1543, Issue 2, p. 223-238
CO2-limitation-inducible Green Recovery of fatty acids from cyanobacterial biomass
journal, April 2011
- Liu, X.; Fallon, S.; Sheng, J.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 108, Issue 17, p. 6905-6908
Nickel-inducible lysis system in Synechocystis sp. PCC 6803
journal, December 2009
- Liu, X.; Curtiss, R.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 106, Issue 51, p. 21550-21554
Differential effect of auxotrophies on the release of macromolecules by Salmonella enterica vaccine strains
journal, December 2006
- Loessner, Holger; Endmann, Anne; Rohde, Manfred
- FEMS Microbiology Letters, Vol. 265, Issue 1, p. 81-88
Amplification, expression, and packaging of a foreign gene by influenza virus
journal, December 1989
- Luytjes, Willem; Krystal, Mark; Enami, Masayoshi
- Cell, Vol. 59, Issue 6, p. 1107-1113
CD4+ T cells mediate antibody-independent acquired immunity to pneumococcal colonization
journal, March 2005
- Malley, R.; Trzcinski, K.; Srivastava, A.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 102, Issue 13, p. 4848-4853
The annual impact of seasonal influenza in the US: Measuring disease burden and costs
journal, June 2007
- Molinari, Noelle-Angelique M.; Ortega-Sanchez, Ismael R.; Messonnier, Mark L.
- Vaccine, Vol. 25, Issue 27, p. 5086-5096
Localization of RNA polymerases on influenza viral ribonucleoproteins by immunogold labeling
journal, June 1988
- Murti, K. Gopal; Webster, Robert G.; Jones, Ian M.
- Virology, Vol. 164, Issue 2, p. 562-566
An improved reverse genetics system for influenza A virus generation and its implications for vaccine production
journal, November 2005
- Neumann, G.; Fujii, K.; Kino, Y.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 102, Issue 46, p. 16825-16829
Engineered viral vaccine constructs with dual specificity: Avian influenza and Newcastle disease
journal, May 2006
- Park, M.-S.; Steel, J.; Garcia-Sastre, A.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 103, Issue 21, p. 8203-8208
The bacterial signal molecule, ppGpp, regulates Salmonella virulence gene expression
journal, May 2004
- Pizarro-Cerdá, Javier; Tedin, Karsten
- Molecular Microbiology, Vol. 52, Issue 6, p. 1827-1844
Crystal violet can be used to visualize DNA bands during gel electrophoresis and to improve cloning efficiency
journal, January 1996
- Rand, Keith N.
- Technical Tips Online, Vol. 1, Issue 1, p. 23-24
SseL, a Salmonella deubiquitinase required for macrophage killing and virulence
journal, February 2007
- Rytkonen, A.; Poh, J.; Garmendia, J.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 104, Issue 9, p. 3502-3507
Distinct types of T-cell help for the induction of a humoral immune response to Streptococcus pneumoniae
journal, June 2001
- Snapper, Clifford M.; Shen, Yi; Khan, Abdul Q.
- Trends in Immunology, Vol. 22, Issue 6, p. 308-311
Epitope tagging of chromosomal genes in Salmonella
journal, December 2001
- Uzzau, S.; Figueroa-Bossi, N.; Rubino, S.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 98, Issue 26, p. 15264-15269
Biosynthesis and Assembly of Capsular Polysaccharides in Escherichia coli
journal, June 2006
- Whitfield, Chris
- Annual Review of Biochemistry, Vol. 75, Issue 1, p. 39-68
Antigen localisation regulates immune responses in a dose- and time-dependent fashion: a geographical view of immune reactivity
journal, April 1997
- Zinkernagel, Rolf M.; Ehl, Stephan; Aichele, Peter
- Immunological Reviews, Vol. 156, Issue 1, p. 199-209
PspA, a protection-eliciting pneumococcal protein: immunogenicity of isolated native PspA in mice
journal, June 1996
- Briles, David E.; King, Janice D.; Gray, Mary Ann
- Vaccine, Vol. 14, Issue 9, p. 858-867
Antibacterial activity of Bacillus amyloliquefaciens phage endolysin without holin conjugation
journal, January 2001
- Morita, Masatomo; Tanji, Yasunori; Mizoguchi, Katsunori
- Journal of Bioscience and Bioengineering, Vol. 91, Issue 5, p. 469-473
RpoS and RpoN are involved in the growth-dependent regulation of rfaH transcription and O antigen expression in Salmonella enterica serovar typhi
journal, January 2004
- Bittner, Mauricio; Saldı́as, Soledad; Altamirano, Francisco
- Microbial Pathogenesis, Vol. 36, Issue 1, p. 19-24
The PhoP/PhoQ two-component system stabilizes the alternative sigma factor RpoS in Salmonella enterica
journal, August 2006
- Tu, X.; Latifi, T.; Bougdour, A.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 103, Issue 36, p. 13503-13508
Stabilization of recombinant avirulent vaccine strains in vivo
journal, September 1990
- Curtiss, R.; Galan, J. E.; Nakayama, K.
- Research in Microbiology, Vol. 141, Issue 7-8, p. 797-805
Nucleotide sequence analysis of the phosphomannose isomerase gene (pmi) of Pseudomonas aeruginosa and comparison with the corresponding Escherichia coli gene manA
journal, January 1986
- Darzins, Aldis; Frantz, Betsy; Vanags, Rita I.
- Gene, Vol. 42, Issue 3, p. 293-302
Genetic mapping of the cold-adapted phenotype of B/Ann Arbor/1/66, the master donor virus for live attenuated influenza vaccines (FluMist®)
journal, February 2006
- Chen, Zhongying; Aspelund, Amy; Kemble, George
- Virology, Vol. 345, Issue 2, p. 416-423
Multiple amino acid residues confer temperature sensitivity to human influenza virus vaccine strains (flumist) derived from cold-adapted a/ann arbor/6/60
journal, February 2003
- Jin, Hong; Lu, Bin; Zhou, Helen
- Virology, Vol. 306, Issue 1, p. 18-24
Immune responses dependent on antigen location in recombinant attenuated Salmonella typhimurium vaccines following oral immunization
journal, July 2003
- Kang, Ho Young; Curtiss, Roy
- FEMS Immunology & Medical Microbiology, Vol. 37, Issue 2-3, p. 99-104
Regulated programmed lysis of recombinant Salmonella in host tissues to release protective antigens and confer biological containment
journal, July 2008
- Kong, W.; Wanda, S.-Y.; Zhang, X.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 105, Issue 27, p. 9361-9366
Secretion of different listeriolysin cognates by recombinant attenuated Salmonella typhimurium: superior efficacy of haemolytic over non-haemolytic constructs after oral vaccination
journal, December 2000
- Hess, Jürgen; Grode, Leander; Gentschev, Ivo
- Microbes and Infection, Vol. 2, Issue 15, p. 1799-1806
Evaluation of a phoP/phoQ-deleted, aroA-deleted live oral Salmonella typhi vaccine strain in human volunteers
journal, January 1996
- Hohmann, Elizabeth L.; Oletta, Carmen A.; Miller, Samuel I.
- Vaccine, Vol. 14, Issue 1, p. 19-24
The inducible lac operator-repressor system is functional for control of expression of injected DNA in Xenopus oocytes
journal, February 1988
- C.-T. Hu, Mickey; Davidson, Norman
- Gene, Vol. 62, Issue 2, p. 301-313
Allelic variation in the highly polymorphic locus pspC of Streptococcus pneumoniae
journal, February 2002
- Iannelli, Francesco; Oggioni, Marco R.; Pozzi, Gianni
- Gene, Vol. 284, Issue 1-2, p. 63-71
Expression of a Porphyromonas gingivalis hemagglutinin on the surface of a Salmonella vaccine vector
journal, January 2007
- Isoda, Ryutaro; Simanski, Scott P.; Pathangey, Latha
- Vaccine, Vol. 25, Issue 1, p. 117-126
Impact of intracellular location of and antigen display by intracellular bacteria: implications for vaccine development
journal, January 1999
- Kaufmann, Stefan H. E.; Hess, Jürgen
- Immunology Letters, Vol. 65, Issue 1-2, p. 81-84
Immunogenicity and protective efficacy of DnaJ (hsp40) of Streptococcus pneumoniae against lethal infection in mice
journal, September 2006
- Khan, Mohd. Nadeem; Bansal, Anju; Shukla, Dhananjay
- Vaccine, Vol. 24, Issue 37-39, p. 6225-6231
Regulation of the l-arabinose transport operons in Escherichia coli
journal, September 1981
- Kolodrubetz, David; Schleif, Robert
- Journal of Molecular Biology, Vol. 151, Issue 2, p. 215-227
Identification of a central regulator of stationary-phase gene expression in Escherichia coli
journal, January 1991
- Lange, R.; Hengge-Aronis, R.
- Molecular Microbiology, Vol. 5, Issue 1, p. 49-59
The lac repressor
journal, June 2005
- Lewis, Mitchell
- Comptes Rendus Biologies, Vol. 328, Issue 6, p. 521-548
AraC-DNA looping: Orientation and distance-dependent loop breaking by the cyclic AMP receptor protein
journal, March 1991
- Lobell, Robert B.; Schleif, Robert F.
- Journal of Molecular Biology, Vol. 218, Issue 1, p. 45-54
Use of the stationary phase inducible promoters, spv and dps, to drive heterologous antigen expression in Salmonella vaccine strains
journal, February 2000
- Marshall, David G.; Haque, Ashraful; Fowler, Ray
- Vaccine, Vol. 18, Issue 14, p. 1298-1306
Use of live bacterial vaccine vectors for antigen delivery: potential and limitations
journal, February 2001
- Medina, Eva; Guzmán, Carlos Alberto
- Vaccine, Vol. 19, Issue 13-14, p. 1573-1580
Expression of the low calcium response in Yersinia pestis
journal, March 1989
- Mehigh, Richard J.; Sample, Allen K.; Brubaker, Robert R.
- Microbial Pathogenesis, Vol. 6, Issue 3, p. 203-217
Enhanced protective immunity against pneumococcal infection with PspA DNA and protein
journal, July 2006
- Moore, Quincy C.; Bosarge, Joseph R.; Quin, Lisa R.
- Vaccine, Vol. 24, Issue 29-30, p. 5755-5761
Lac repressor and Lac operator
journal, January 1976
- Müller-Hill, Benno
- Progress in Biophysics and Molecular Biology, Vol. 30, p. 227-252
Immunization of healthy adults with a single recombinant pneumococcal surface protein A (PspA) variant stimulates broadly cross-reactive antibodies to heterologous PspA molecules
journal, March 2000
- Nabors, Gary S.; Braun, Patricia A.; Herrmann, Diane J.
- Vaccine, Vol. 18, Issue 17, p. 1743-1754
Randomised trial of 23-valent pneumococcal capsular polysaccharide vaccine in prevention of pneumonia in middle-aged and elderly people
journal, February 1998
- Örtqvist, Åke; Hedlund, Jonas; Burman, Lars-Åke
- The Lancet, Vol. 351, Issue 9100, p. 399-403
Bacterial virulence, proinflammatory cytokines and host immunity: how to choose the appropriate Salmonella vaccine strain?
journal, November 2001
- Raupach, Bärbel; Kaufmann, Stefan H. E.
- Microbes and Infection, Vol. 3, Issue 14-15, p. 1261-1269
Universal chemical assay for the detection and determination of siderophores
journal, January 1987
- Schwyn, Bernhard; Neilands, J. B.
- Analytical Biochemistry, Vol. 160, Issue 1, p. 47-56
A solid-phase immunoenzymatic technique for the enumeration of specific antibody-secreting cells
journal, February 1983
- Sedgwick, J. D.; Holt, P. G.
- Journal of Immunological Methods, Vol. 57, Issue 1-3, p. 301-309
Tightly regulated tac promoter vectors useful for the expression of unfused and fused proteins in Escherichia coli
journal, September 1988
- Amann, Egon; Ochs, Birgit; Abel, Karl-Josef
- Gene, Vol. 69, Issue 2, p. 301-315
The HD domain defines a new superfamily of metal-dependent phosphohydrolases
journal, December 1998
- Aravind, L.; Koonin, Eugene V.
- Trends in Biochemical Sciences, Vol. 23, Issue 12, p. 469-472
Acyl carrier protein/SpoT interaction, the switch linking SpoT-dependent stress response to fatty acid metabolism
journal, November 2006
- Battesti, Aurélia; Bouveret, Emmanuelle
- Molecular Microbiology, Vol. 62, Issue 4, p. 1048-1063
The potential for using protein vaccines to protect against otitis media caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae
journal, December 2000
- Briles, David E.; Hollingshead, Susan K.; Nabors, Gary S.
- Vaccine, Vol. 19, p. S87-S95
The ACT domain family
journal, December 2001
- Chipman, D.
- Current Opinion in Structural Biology, Vol. 11, Issue 6, p. 694-700
Nonrecombinant and recombinant avirulent Salmonella vaccines for poultry
journal, November 1996
- Curtiss, Roy; Hassan, Jubril Olu
- Veterinary Immunology and Immunopathology, Vol. 54, Issue 1-4, p. 365-372
Live oral avirulent Salmonella vaccines
journal, November 1993
- Curtiss, Roy; Kelly, Sandra M.; Olu Hassan, J.
- Veterinary Microbiology, Vol. 37, Issue 3-4, p. 397-405
One-step inactivation of chromosomal genes in Escherichia coli K-12 using PCR products
journal, May 2000
- Datsenko, K. A.; Wanner, B. L.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 97, Issue 12, p. 6640-6645
Bacteriology of acute otitis media: A new perspective
journal, January 1992
- Del Beccaro, Mark A.; Mendelman, Paul M.; Inglis, Andrew F.
- The Journal of Pediatrics, Vol. 120, Issue 1, p. 81-84
Improved allelic exchange vectors and their use to analyze 987P fimbria gene expression
journal, January 1998
- Edwards, Robert A.; Keller, Linda H.; Schifferli, Dieter M.
- Gene, Vol. 207, Issue 2, p. 149-157
Can a ‘flawless’ live vector vaccine strain be engineered?
journal, August 2001
- Galen, James E.; Levine, Myron M.
- Trends in Microbiology, Vol. 9, Issue 8, p. 372-376
Mutational analysis of the Escherichia coli spoT gene identifies distinct but overlapping regions involved in ppGpp synthesis and degradation
journal, March 1996
- Gentry, Daniel R.; Cashel, Michael
- Molecular Microbiology, Vol. 19, Issue 6, p. 1373-1384
The E. coli α-hemolysin secretion system and its use in vaccine development
journal, January 2002
- Gentschev, Ivaylo; Dietrich, Guido; Goebel, Werner
- Trends in Microbiology, Vol. 10, Issue 1, p. 39-45
Magnitude and Impact of Diarrheal Diseases
journal, July 2002
- Guerrant, Richard L.; Kosek, Margaret; Moore, Sean
- Archives of Medical Research, Vol. 33, Issue 4, p. 351-355
Mechanisms of bacterial resistance and response to bile
journal, July 2000
- Gunn, John S.
- Microbes and Infection, Vol. 2, Issue 8, p. 907-913
Identification and molecular analysis of glgS, a novel growth-phase-regulated and rpoS-dependent gene involved in glycogen synthesis in Escherichia coli
journal, July 1992
- Hengge-Aronis, Regjne; Fischer, Daniela
- Molecular Microbiology, Vol. 6, Issue 14, p. 1877-1886
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: