Hollow fiber membranes and methods for forming same
The invention provides improved hollow fiber membranes having at least two layers, and methods for forming the same. The methods include co-extruding a first composition, a second composition, and a third composition to form a dual layer hollow fiber membrane. The first composition includes a glassy polymer; the second composition includes a polysiloxane; and the third composition includes a bore fluid. The dual layer hollow fiber membranes include a first layer and a second layer, the first layer being a porous layer which includes the glassy polymer of the first composition, and the second layer being a polysiloxane layer which includes the polysiloxane of the second composition.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- General Electric Company (Niskayuna, NY) NETL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2013 Jul 18
- Research Org:
- General Electric Company, Niskayuna, NY (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 36 MATERIALS SCIENCE; 37 INORGANIC, ORGANIC, PHYSICAL, AND ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY
Other works cited in this record:Integrally skinned polysulfone hollow fiber membranes for pervaporation
journal, October 1994
- Koops, G. H.; Nolten, J. A. M.; Mulder, M. H. V.
- Journal of Applied Polymer Science, Vol. 54, Issue 3, p. 385-404
Formation of defect-free polyimide hollow fiber membranes for gas separations
journal, March 2000
- Clausi, Dominic T.; Koros, William J.
- Journal of Membrane Science, Vol. 167, Issue 1, p. 79-89
Mixed matrix membranes (MMMs) comprising organic polymers with dispersed inorganic fillers for gas separation
journal, April 2007
- Chung, Tai-Shung; Jiang, Lan Ying; Li, Yi
- Progress in Polymer Science, Vol. 32, Issue 4, p. 483-507
Efficient development of effective hollow fiber membranes for gas separations from novel polymers
journal, July 2006
- Wallace, David W.; Staudt-Bickel, Claudia; Koros, William J.
- Journal of Membrane Science, Vol. 278, Issue 1-2, p. 92-104
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: