Cytosolic delivery of materials with endosome-disrupting colloids
A facile procedure to deliver nanocrystals to the cytosol of live cells that is both rapid and general. The technique employs a unique cationic core-shell polymer colloid that directs nanocrystals to the cytosol of living cells within a few hours of incubation. The present methods and compositions enable a host of advanced applications arising from efficient cytosolic delivery of nanocrystal imaging probes: from single particle tracking experiments to monitoring protein-protein interactions in live cells for extended periods.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- The Regents of the University of California (Oakland, CA) LBNL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2011 Sep 02
- Research Org:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Lab. (LBNL), Berkeley, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 60 APPLIED LIFE SCIENCES; 47 OTHER INSTRUMENTATION; 77 NANOSCIENCE AND NANOTECHNOLOGY
Other works cited in this record:Characterization of nanoparticle uptake by endothelial cells
journal, February 2002
- Davda, Jasmine; Labhasetwar, Vinod
- International Journal of Pharmaceutics, Vol. 233, Issue 1-2, p. 51-59
In vitro cytotoxicity testing of polycations: influence of polymer structure on cell viability and hemolysis
journal, March 2003
- Fischer, Dagmar; Li, Youxin; Ahlemeyer, Barbara
- Biomaterials, Vol. 24, Issue 7, p. 1121-1131
Size-Dependent Endocytosis of Nanoparticles
journal, January 2009
- Zhang, Sulin; Li, Ju; Lykotrafitis, George
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 21, Issue 4, p. 419-424
Unmodified Cadmium Telluride Quantum Dots Induce Reactive Oxygen Species Formation Leading to Multiple Organelle Damage and Cell Death
journal, November 2005
- Lovrić, Jasmina; Cho, Sung Ju; Winnik, Françoise M.
- Chemistry & Biology, Vol. 12, Issue 11, p. 1227-1234
In situ forming degradable networks and their application in tissue engineering and drug delivery
journal, January 2002
- Anseth, Kristi S.; Metters, Andrew T.; Bryant, Stephanie J.
- Journal of Controlled Release, Vol. 78, Issue 1-3, p. 199-209
Temperature modulated protein release from pH/temperature-sensitive hydrogels
journal, March 1999
- Park, Tae Gwan
- Biomaterials, Vol. 20, Issue 6, p. 517-521
Controlled release of clot-dissolving tissue-type plasminogen activator from a poly(l-glutamic acid) semi-interpenetrating polymer network hydrogel
journal, July 2001
- Park, Yoon-Jeong; Liang, Junfeng; Yang, Zhiqiang
- Journal of Controlled Release, Vol. 75, Issue 1-2, p. 37-44
Partitioning of proteins and small biomolecules in temperature- and pH-sensitive hydrogels
journal, May 1996
- Sassi, Alexander P.; Shaw, Anita J.; Han, Sang Min
- Polymer, Vol. 37, Issue 11, p. 2151-2164
Candida albicans mannan–protein conjugate as vaccine candidate
journal, February 2003
- Bystrický, S.
- Immunology Letters, Vol. 85, Issue 3, p. 251-255
Conjugation of yeast mannans with protein employing cyanopyridinium agent (CDAP) – an effective route of antifungal vaccine preparation
journal, January 2000
- Bystrický, Slavomír; Machova´, Eva; Bartek, Peter
- Glycoconjugate Journal, Vol. 17, Issue 10, p. 677-680
Degradation and Release Behavior of Dextran-Based Hydrogels
journal, August 1997
- van Dijk-Wolthuis, W. N. E.; Hoogeboom, J. A. M.; van Steenbergen, M. J.
- Macromolecules, Vol. 30, Issue 16, p. 4639-4645
Acetals as pH-Sensitive Linkages for Drug Delivery
journal, November 2004
- Gillies, Elizabeth R.; Goodwin, Andrew P.; Fréchet, Jean M. J.
- Bioconjugate Chemistry, Vol. 15, Issue 6, p. 1254-1263
Acetalated dextran is a chemically and biologically tunable material for particulate immunotherapy
journal, March 2009
- Broaders, K. E.; Cohen, J. A.; Beaudette, T. T.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 106, Issue 14, p. 5497-5502
Fully Acid-Degradable Biocompatible Polyacetal Microparticles for Drug Delivery
journal, April 2008
- Paramonov, Sergey E.; Bachelder, Eric M.; Beaudette, Tristan T.
- Bioconjugate Chemistry, Vol. 19, Issue 4, p. 911-919
Acetal-Derivatized Dextran: An Acid-Responsive Biodegradable Material for Therapeutic Applications
journal, August 2008
- Bachelder, Eric M.; Beaudette, Tristan T.; Broaders, Kyle E.
- Journal of the American Chemical Society, Vol. 130, Issue 32, p. 10494-10495
journal, June 2005
- Jan, Lily Yeh; Siegelbaum, Steven A.
- Current Opinion in Neurobiology, Vol. 15, Issue 3, p. 253-256
Simplistic pathways or complex networks?
journal, February 2010
- Jørgensen, Claus; Linding, Rune
- Current Opinion in Genetics & Development, Vol. 20, Issue 1, p. 15-22
Visualizing dynamic interaction between calmodulin and calmodulin-related kinases via a monitoring method in live mammalian cells
journal, February 2010
- Lee, K. H.; Lee, S.; Lee, W. Y.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 107, Issue 8, p. 3412-3417
Semiconductor Clusters, Nanocrystals, and Quantum Dots
journal, February 1996
- Alivisatos, A. P.
- Science, Vol. 271, Issue 5251, p. 933-937
Semiconductor Nanocrystals as Fluorescent Biological Labels
patent, September 1998
- Bruchez Jr., Marcel; Moronne, Mario Moronne; Gin, Peter Gin
- Science, Vol. 281, Issue 5385, p. 2013-2016
Quantum Dot Bioconjugates for Ultrasensitive Nonisotopic Detection
journal, September 1998
- Chan, Warren C. W.; Nie, Shuming
- Science, Vol. 281, Issue 5385, p. 2016-2018
The use of nanocrystals in biological detection
journal, January 2003
- Alivisatos, Paul
- Nature Biotechnology, Vol. 22, Issue 1, p. 47-52
Cell-specific targeting of nanoparticles by multivalent attachment of small molecules
journal, October 2005
- Weissleder, Ralph; Kelly, Kimberly; Sun, Eric Yi
- Nature Biotechnology, Vol. 23, Issue 11, p. 1418-1423
The many ways to cross the plasma membrane
journal, March 2001
- Stephens, D. J.; Pepperkok, R.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 98, Issue 8, p. 4295-4298
A cell nanoinjector based on carbon nanotubes
journal, May 2007
- Chen, X.; Kis, A.; Zettl, A.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 104, Issue 20, p. 8218-8222
Intracellular Delivery of Quantum Dots for Live Cell Labeling and Organelle Tracking
journal, June 2004
- Derfus, A. M.; Chan, W. C. W.; Bhatia, S. N.
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 16, Issue 12, p. 961-966
Non-blinking and photostable upconverted luminescence from single lanthanide-doped nanocrystals
journal, June 2009
- Wu, S.; Han, G.; Milliron, D. J.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 106, Issue 27, p. 10917-10921
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: