Protein scaffolds for selective enrichment of metal ions
Polypeptides comprising high affinity for the uranyl ion are provided. Methods for binding uranyl using such proteins are likewise provided and can be used, for example, in methods for uranium purification or removal.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- The University of Chicago (Chicago, IL) CHO
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2013 Mar 13
- Research Org:
- The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 59 BASIC BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES; 60 APPLIED LIFE SCIENCES; 37 INORGANIC, ORGANIC, PHYSICAL, AND ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY
Other works cited in this record:Characterization of a helical protein designed from first principles
journal, August 1988
- Regan, L.; DeGrado, W. F.
- Science, Vol. 241, Issue 4868, p. 976-978
Identifying important structural characteristics of arsenic resistance proteins by using designed three-stranded coiled coils
journal, July 2007
- Touw, D. S.; Nordman, C. E.; Stuckey, J. A.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 104, Issue 29, p. 11969-11974
Expanding the utility of proteins as platforms for coordination chemistry
journal, April 2011
- Radford, Robert J.; Brodin, Jeffrey D.; Salgado, Eric N.
- Coordination Chemistry Reviews, Vol. 255, Issue 7-8, p. 790-803
Stereognostic coordination chemistry. 1. The design and synthesis of chelators for the uranyl ion
journal, October 1992
- Franczyk, Thaddeus S.; Czerwinski, Kenneth R.; Raymond, Kenneth N.
- Journal of the American Chemical Society, Vol. 114, Issue 21, p. 8138-8146
Engineering A Uranyl-Specific Binding Protein from NikR
journal, February 2009
- Wegner, Seraphine V.; Boyaci, Hande; Chen, Hao
- Angewandte Chemie International Edition, Vol. 48, Issue 13, p. 2339-2341
Interactions of uranium and thorium with arsenazo III in an aqueous medium
journal, April 1997
- Rohwer, H.; Rheeder, N.; Hosten, E.
- Analytica Chimica Acta, Vol. 341, Issue 2-3, p. 263-268
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: