Multi-particle inspection using associated particle sources
Disclosed herein are representative embodiments of methods, apparatus, and systems for performing combined neutron and gamma ray radiography. For example, one exemplary system comprises: a neutron source; a set of alpha particle detectors configured to detect alpha particles associated with neutrons generated by the neutron source; neutron detectors positioned to detect at least some of the neutrons generated by the neutron source; a gamma ray source; a set of verification gamma ray detectors configured to detect verification gamma rays associated with gamma rays generated by the gamma ray source; a set of gamma ray detectors configured to detect gamma rays generated by the gamma ray source; and an interrogation region located between the neutron source, the gamma ray source, the neutron detectors, and the gamma ray detectors.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- UT-Battelle, LLC (Oak Ridge, TN) ORNL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2013 Mar 13
- Research Org:
- Oak Ridge National Lab. (ORNL), Oak Ridge, TN (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 46 INSTRUMENTATION RELATED TO NUCLEAR SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY; 42 ENGINEERING
Other works cited in this record:Application of neutron generators for high explosives, toxic agents and fissile material detection
journal, November 2005
- Aleksandrov, V. D.; Bogolubov, E. P.; Bochkarev, O. V.
- Applied Radiation and Isotopes, Vol. 63, Issue 5-6, p. 537-543
Design of an associated particle imaging system
journal, December 1990
- Beyerle, Albert; Hurley, J. Paul; Tunnell, Laura
- Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section A: Accelerators, Spectrometers, Detectors and Associated Equipment, Vol. 299, Issue 1-3, p. 458-462
Evaluation of ZnO(Ga) coatings as alpha particle transducers within a neutron generator
journal, June 2003
- Charles Cooper, J.; Koltick, David S.; Mihalczo, John T.
- Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section A: Accelerators, Spectrometers, Detectors and Associated Equipment, Vol. 505, Issue 1-2, p. 498-501
Portable fast-neutron radiography with the nuclear materials identification system for fissile material transfers
journal, August 2007
- Hausladen, P. A.; Bingham, P. R.; Neal, J. S.
- Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section B: Beam Interactions with Materials and Atoms, Vol. 261, Issue 1-2, p. 387-390
Prospects of imaging by associated particle timing with D + D and D + T neutrons
journal, May 1998
- Petö, G. C.
- Applied Radiation and Isotopes, Vol. 49, Issue 5-6, p. 553-554
Design and development of the associated-particle three-dimensional imaging technique
report, October 1994
- Ussery, L.E.; Hollas, C.L.
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: