Customized electric power storage device for inclusion in a collective microgrid
An electric power storage device is described herein, wherein the electric power storage device is included in a microgrid. The electric power storage device has at least one of a charge rate, a discharge rate, or a power retention capacity that has been customized for a collective microgrid. The collective microgrid includes at least two connected microgrids. The at least one of the charge rate, the discharge rate, or the power retention capacity of the electric power storage device is computed based at least in part upon specified power source parameters in the at least two connected microgrids and specified load parameters in the at least two connected microgrids.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Sandia Corporation (Albuquerque, NM) SNL-A
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2012 May 25
- Research Org:
- Sandia National Lab. (SNL-NM), Albuquerque, NM (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 25 ENERGY STORAGE; 32 ENERGY CONSERVATION, CONSUMPTION, AND UTILIZATION; 97 MATHEMATICS AND COMPUTING
Other works cited in this record:Hybrid large scale system model for a DC microgrid
conference, June 2011
- Tulpule, P.; Yurkovich, S.; Wang, J.
- American Control Conference (ACC), 2011
Multi-agent Microgrid Power Management
journal, January 2011
- Colson, C.M.; Nehrir, M.H.; Gunderson, R.W.
- IFAC Proceedings Volumes, Vol. 44, Issue 1, p. 3678-3683
Hierarchical MAS Based Control Strategy for Microgrid
journal, September 2010
- Xiao, Zhe; Li, Tinghua; Huang, Ming
- Energies, Vol. 3, Issue 9, p. 1622-1638
Control and protection of power electronics interfaced distributed generation systems in a customer-driven microgrid
conference, July 2009
- Peng, Fang Z.; Li, Yun Wei; Tolbert, Leon M.
- Power & Energy Society General Meeting
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: