Gas-lift pumps for flowing and purifying molten silicon
The embodiments herein relate to a sheet production apparatus. A vessel is configured to hold a melt of a material and a cooling plate is disposed proximate the melt. This cooling plate configured to form a sheet of the material on the melt. A pump is used. In one instance, this pump includes a gas source and a conduit in fluid communication with the gas source. In another instance, this pump injects a gas into a melt. The gas can raise the melt or provide momentum to the melt.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Varian Semiconductor Equipment Associates, Inc. (Gloucester, MA) DOEEE
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2011 Mar 03
- Research Org:
- Varian Semiconductor Equipment Associates, Inc., Gloucester, MA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 36 MATERIALS SCIENCE; 14 SOLAR ENERGY
Other works cited in this record:Experimental and analytical investigations of airlift pumps operating in three-phase flow
journal, July 2007
- Kassab, S. Z.; Kandil, H. A.; Warda, H. A.
- Chemical Engineering Journal, Vol. 131, Issue 1-3, p. 273-281
Air-lift pumps characteristics under two-phase flow conditions
journal, February 2009
- Kassab, Sadek Z.; Kandil, Hamdy A.; Warda, Hassan A.
- International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow, Vol. 30, Issue 1, p. 88-98
Experimental study on rising velocity of nitrogen bubbles in FC-72
journal, May 2003
- Di Marco, P.; Grassi, W.; Memoli, G.
- International Journal of Thermal Sciences, Vol. 42, Issue 5, p. 435-446
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: