Ion trap device
An ion trap device is disclosed. The device includes a series of electrodes that define an ion flow path. A radio frequency (RF) field is applied to the series of electrodes such that each electrode is phase shifted approximately 180 degrees from an adjacent electrode. A DC voltage is superimposed with the RF field to create a DC gradient to drive ions in the direction of the gradient. A second RF field or DC voltage is applied to selectively trap and release the ions from the device. Further, the device may be gridless and utilized at high pressure.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- BATTELLE MEMORIAL INSTITUTE PNNL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2014 Feb 12
- Research Org:
- Pacific Northwest National Lab. (PNNL), Richland, WA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 47 OTHER INSTRUMENTATION; 71 CLASSICAL AND QUANTUM MECHANICS, GENERAL PHYSICS
Other works cited in this record:High-Sensitivity Ion Mobility Spectrometry/Mass Spectrometry Using Electrodynamic Ion Funnel Interfaces
journal, May 2005
- Tang, Keqi; Shvartsburg, Alexandre A.; Lee, Hak-No
- Analytical Chemistry, Vol. 77, Issue 10, p. 3330-3339
The effect of drift gas on the separation of active pharmaceutical ingredients and impurities by ion mobility–mass spectrometry
journal, December 2010
- Howdle, Mark D.; Eckers, Christine; Laures, Alice M.-F.
- International Journal of Mass Spectrometry, Vol. 298, Issue 1-3, p. 72-77
Investigation of drift gas selectivity in high resolution ion mobility spectrometry with mass spectrometry detection
journal, April 2002
- Matz, Laura M.; Hill, Herbert H.; Beegle, Luther W.
- Journal of the American Society for Mass Spectrometry, Vol. 13, Issue 4, p. 300-307
Enhanced Ion Utilization Efficiency Using an Electrodynamic Ion Funnel Trap as an Injection Mechanism for Ion Mobility Spectrometry
journal, February 2008
- Clowers, Brian H.; Ibrahim, Yehia M.; Prior, David C.
- Analytical Chemistry, Vol. 80, Issue 3, p. 612-623
SIMION ion optics simulations at atmospheric pressure
journal, June 2005
- Appelhans, Anthony D.; Dahl, David A.
- International Journal of Mass Spectrometry, Vol. 244, Issue 1, p. 1-14
Ion funnel ion trap and process
patent, February 2011
- Belov, Mikhail; Ibrahim, Yehia; Clowers, Biran
- US Patent Document 7,888,635
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: