Plastic scintillators with high loading of one or more metal carboxylates
In one embodiment, a material includes at least one metal compound incorporated into a polymeric matrix, where the metal compound includes a metal and one or more carboxylate ligands, where at least one of the one or more carboxylate ligands includes a tertiary butyl group, and where the material is optically transparent. In another embodiment, a method includes: processing pulse traces corresponding to light pulses from a scintillator material; and outputting a result of the processing, where the scintillator material comprises at least one metal compound incorporated into a polymeric matrix, the at least one metal compound including a metal and one or more carboxylate ligands, where at least one of the one or more carboxylate ligands has a tertiary butyl group, and where the scintillator material is optically transparent and has an energy resolution at 662 keV of less than about 20%.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Lawrence Livermore National Security, LLC LLNL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2014 Oct 10
- Research Org:
- Lawrence Livermore National Lab. (LLNL), Livermore, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 36 MATERIALS SCIENCE; 38 RADIATION CHEMISTRY, RADIOCHEMISTRY, AND NUCLEAR CHEMISTRY
Other works cited in this record:Transparent lithium loaded plastic scintillators for thermal neutron detection
journal, February 2013
- Breukers, R. D.; Bartle, C. M.; Edgar, A.
- Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section A: Accelerators, Spectrometers, Detectors and Associated Equipment, Vol. 701, p. 58-61
Efficient plastic scintillators utilizing phosphorescent dopants
journal, January 2007
- Campbell, I. H.; Crone, B. K.
- Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 90, Issue 1, Article No. 012117
X-ray contrast polymers of p-styryldi(p-tolyl)bismuth synthesis and properties
journal, January 1995
- Chatterjee, Gautam; Ignatious, Francis; Cabasso, Israel
- Polymer, Vol. 36, Issue 11, p. 2289-2296
Development of Cs2LiYCl6 scintillator
journal, September 2013
- Glodo, J.; Hawrami, R.; Shah, K. S.
- Journal of Crystal Growth, Vol. 379, p. 73-78
Pulse shape discrimination with lithium-containing organic scintillators
journal, November 2013
- Zaitseva, Natalia; Glenn, Andrew; Paul Martinez, H.
- Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section A: Accelerators, Spectrometers, Detectors and Associated Equipment, Vol. 729, p. 747-754
The Evolution of Organometallic Complexes in Organic Light-Emitting Devices
journal, September 2007
- Thompson, Mark
- MRS Bulletin, Vol. 32, Issue 9, p. 694-701
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: