Imaging arrangement and microscope
An embodiment of the present invention is an imaging arrangement that includes imaging optics, a fiducial light source, and a control system. In operation, the imaging optics separate light into first and second tight by wavelength and project the first and second light onto first and second areas within first and second detector regions, respectively. The imaging optics separate fiducial light from the fiducial light source into first and second fiducial light and project the first and second fiducial light onto third and fourth areas within the first and second detector regions, respectively. The control system adjusts alignment of the imaging optics so that the first and second fiducial light projected onto the first and second detector regions maintain relatively constant positions within the first and second detector regions, respectively. Another embodiment of the present invention is a microscope that includes the imaging arrangement.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- The Regents of The University of California LBNL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2009 Dec 01
- Research Org:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Lab. (LBNL), Berkeley, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 42 ENGINEERING
Other works cited in this record:Single-molecule high-resolution imaging with photobleaching
journal, April 2004
- Gordon, M. P.; Ha, T.; Selvin, P. R.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 101, Issue 17, p. 6462-6465
Nanometer-localized multiple single-molecule fluorescence microscopy
journal, July 2004
- Qu, X.; Wu, D.; Mets, L.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 101, Issue 31, p. 11298-11303
Beyond Rayleigh's criterion: A resolution measure with application to single-molecule microscopy
journal, March 2006
- Ram, S.; Ward, E. S.; Ober, R. J.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 103, Issue 12, p. 4457-4462
Ultrahigh-resolution multicolor colocalization of single fluorescent probes
journal, August 2000
- Lacoste, T. D.; Michalet, X.; Pinaud, F.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 97, Issue 17, p. 9461-9466
Trans-bonded pairs of E-cadherin exhibit a remarkable hierarchy of mechanical strengths
journal, November 2004
- Perret, E.; Leung, A.; Feracci, H.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 101, Issue 47, p. 16472-16477
Resolving cadherin interactions and binding cooperativity at the single-molecule level
journal, December 2008
- Zhang, Y.; Sivasankar, S.; Nelson, W. J.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 106, Issue 1, p. 109-114
Characterizing the Initial Encounter Complex in Cadherin Adhesion
journal, August 2009
- Sivasankar, Sanjeevi; Zhang, Yunxiang; Nelson, W. James
- Structure, Vol. 17, Issue 8, p. 1075-1081
A Reducing and Oxidizing System Minimizes Photobleaching and Blinking of Fluorescent Dyes
journal, July 2008
- Vogelsang, Jan; Kasper, Robert; Steinhauer, Christian
- Angewandte Chemie International Edition, Vol. 47, Issue 29, p. 5465-5469
Quantitative Comparison of Algorithms for Tracking Single Fluorescent Particles
journal, October 2001
- Cheezum, Michael K.; Walker, William F.; Guilford, William H.
- Biophysical Journal, Vol. 81, Issue 4, p. 2378-2388
Fundamental improvement of resolution with a 4Pi-confocal fluorescence microscope using two-photon excitation
journal, October 1992
- Hell, Stefan; Stelzer, Ernst H.K.
- Optics Communications, Vol. 93, Issue 5-6, p. 277-282
Tracking of single fluorescent particles in three dimensions: use of cylindrical optics to encode particle position
journal, September 1994
- Kao, H. P.; Verkman, A. S.
- Biophysical Journal, Vol. 67, Issue 3, p. 1291-1300
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: