Phase-sensitive two-dimensional neutron shearing interferometer and Hartmann sensor
A neutron imaging system detects both the phase shift and absorption of neutrons passing through an object. The neutron imaging system is based on either of two different neutron wavefront sensor techniques: 2-D shearing interferometry and Hartmann wavefront sensing. Both approaches measure an entire two-dimensional neutron complex field, including its amplitude and phase. Each measures the full-field, two-dimensional phase gradients and, concomitantly, the two-dimensional amplitude mapping, requiring only a single measurement.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Lawrence Livermore National Security, LLC LLNL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2013 Mar 07
- Research Org:
- Lawrence Livermore National Lab. (LLNL), Livermore, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 46 INSTRUMENTATION RELATED TO NUCLEAR SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Other works cited in this record:Test of a single crystal neutron interferometer
journal, April 1974
- Rauch, H.; Treimer, W.; Bonse, U.
- Physics Letters A, Vol. 47, Issue 5, p. 369-371
First realisation of a three-dimensional refraction contrast computerised neutron tomography
journal, August 2004
- Strobl, M.; Treimer, W.; Hilger, A.
- Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section B: Beam Interactions with Materials and Atoms, Vol. 222, Issue 3-4, p. 653-658
On neutron phase contrast imaging
journal, January 2008
- Strobl, M.; Treimer, W.; Kardjilov, N.
- Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section B: Beam Interactions with Materials and Atoms, Vol. 266, Issue 1, p. 181-186
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: