L-malate production by metabolically engineered escherichia coli
A process for the production of malic acid in commercially significant quantities from the carbon compounds by genetically modified bacterial strains (GMBS; also referred to as biocatalysts or genetically modified microorganisms) is disclosed. Microorganisms suitable for the production of malic acid can be cultured in one or two-step processes as disclosed herein.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- University of Florida Research Foundation, Inc. (Gainesville, FL) GFO
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2011 Sep 01
- Research Org:
- University of Florida Research Foundation, Inc., Gainesville, FL (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 59 BASIC BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
Other works cited in this record:Engineering Escherichia coli for efficient conversion of glucose to pyruvate
journal, February 2004
- Causey, T. B.; Shanmugam, K. T.; Yomano, L. P.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 101, Issue 8, p. 2235-2240
Engineering the metabolism of Escherichia coli W3110 for the conversion of sugar to redox-neutral and oxidized products: Homoacetate production
journal, January 2003
- Causey, T. B.; Zhou, S.; Shanmugam, K. T.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 100, Issue 3, p. 825-832
Combining metabolic engineering and metabolic evolution to develop nonrecombinant strains of Escherichia coli C that produce succinate and malate
journal, January 2008
- Jantama, Kaemwich; Haupt, M. J.; Svoronos, Spyros A.
- Biotechnology and Bioengineering, Vol. 99, Issue 5, p. 1140-1153
Metabolic engineering of Escherichia coli for the production of malic acid
journal, June 2008
- Moon, Soo Yun; Hong, Soon Ho; Kim, Tae Yong
- Biochemical Engineering Journal, Vol. 40, Issue 2, p. 312-320
Metabolic evolution of energy-conserving pathways for succinate production in Escherichia coli
journal, November 2009
- Zhang, X.; Jantama, K.; Moore, J. C.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 106, Issue 48, p. 20180-20185
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: