Computer systems and methods for the query and visualization of multidimensional databases
A computer displays a graphical user interface on its display. The graphical user interface includes a schema information region and a data visualization region. The schema information region includes a plurality of fields of a multi-dimensional database that includes at least one data hierarchy. The data visualization region includes a columns shelf and a rows shelf. The computer detects user actions to associate one or more first fields with the columns shelf and to associate one or more second fields with the rows shelf. The computer generates a visual table in the data visualization region in accordance with the user actions. The visual table includes one or more panes. Each pane has an x-axis defined based on data for the one or more first fields, and each pane has a y-axis defined based on data for the one or more second fields.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- The Board of Trustees of the Leland Stanford Jr. University OAK
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2015 Mar 03
- Research Org:
- The Board of Trustees of the Leland Stanford Jr. University, Palo Alto, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 97 MATHEMATICS AND COMPUTING
Other works cited in this record:Visualizing decision table classifiers
conference, January 1998
- Becker, B. G.
- Information Visualization, 1998. Proceedings. IEEE Symposium on
Performance analysis and visualization of parallel systems using SimOS and Rivet: a case study
conference, January 1999
- Bosch, R.; Stolte, C.; Stoll, G.
- High-Performance Computer Architecture, 2000. HPCA-6. Proceedings. Sixth International Symposium on
Rivet: a flexible environment for computer systems visualization
journal, February 2000
- Bosch, Robert; Stolte, Chris; Tang, Diane
- ACM SIGGRAPH Computer Graphics, Vol. 34, Issue 1, p. 68-73
Navigating hierarchies with structure-based brushes
conference, October 1999
- , ; Ward, M.O.; Rundensteiner, E.A.
- 1999 IEEE Symposium on Information Visualization, 1999
A Framework for Knowledge-based Interactive Data Exploration
journal, December 1994
- Goldstein, Jade; Roth, Steven F.; Kolojejchick, John
- Journal of Visual Languages & Computing, Vol. 5, Issue 4, p. 339-363
VisDB: database exploration using multidimensional visualization
journal, September 1994
- Keim, D.A.; Kriegel, H.-P.
- IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, Vol. 14, Issue 5, p. 40-49
Visage: a user interface environment for exploring information
conference, October 1996
- Roth, S.F.; Lucas, P.; Senn, J.A.
- Proceedings IEEE Symposium on Information Visualization '96
FOCUS: the interactive table for product comparison and selection
conference, November 1996
- Spenke, Michael; Beilken, Christian; Berlage, Thomas
- Proceedings of the 9th annual ACM symposium on User interface software and technology, p. 41-50
Polaris: a system for query, analysis, and visualization of multidimensional relational databases
journal, January 2002
- Stolte, C.; Tang, D.; Hanrahan, P.
- IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, Vol. 8, Issue 1, p. 52-65
Query, analysis, and visualization of hierarchically structured data using Polaris
conference, July 2002
- Stolte, Chris; Tang, Diane; Hanrahan, Pat
- Proceedings of the eighth ACM SIGKDD international conference on Knowledge discovery and data mining, p. 112-122
Visualizing application behavior on superscalar processors
conference, January 1999
- Stolte, C.; Bosch, R.; Hanrahan, P.
- Information Visualization, 1999. (Info Vis '99) Proceedings. 1999 IEEE Symposium on
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: