Integrated process of distillation with side reactors for synthesis of organic acid esters
An integrated process and system for synthesis of organic-acid esters is provided. The method of synthesizing combines reaction and distillation where an organic acid and alcohol composition are passed through a distillation chamber having a plurality of zones. Side reactors are used for drawing off portions of the composition and then recycling them to the distillation column for further purification. Water is removed from a pre-reactor prior to insertion into the distillation column. An integrated heat integration system is contained within the distillation column for further purification and optimizing efficiency in the obtaining of the final product.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- E3TEC Service, LLC CHO
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2014 Oct 17
- Research Org:
- E3TEC Service, LLC, Clarksville, MD (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 37 INORGANIC, ORGANIC, PHYSICAL, AND ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY
Other works cited in this record:Modelling reactive distillation
journal, November 2000
- Taylor, R.; Krishna, R.
- Chemical Engineering Science, Vol. 55, Issue 22, p. 5183-5229
Reactive separations: more ways to skin a cat
journal, May 2002
- Krishna, R.
- Chemical Engineering Science, Vol. 57, Issue 9, p. 1491-1504
Distillation column with reactive pump arounds: an alternative to reactive distillation
journal, March 2004
- Baur, R.; Krishna, R.
- Chemical Engineering and Processing: Process Intensification, Vol. 43, Issue 3, p. 435-445
Modelling of a side reactor configuration combining reaction and distillation
journal, May 2002
- Jakobsson, Kaj; Pyhälahti, Antti; Pakkanen, Sini
- Chemical Engineering Science, Vol. 57, Issue 9, p. 1521-1524
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: