Methods for suppressing isomerization of olefin metathesis products
A method for suppressing isomerization of an olefin metathesis product produced in a metathesis reaction includes adding an isomerization suppression agent that includes nitric acid to a mixture that includes the olefin metathesis product and residual metathesis catalyst from the metathesis reaction under conditions that are sufficient to passivate at least a portion of the residual metathesis catalyst. Methods of refining a natural oil are described.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Elevance Renewable Sciences, Inc. (Woodridge, IL) DOEEE
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2011 Dec 22
- Research Org:
- Elevance Renewable Sciences, Inc., Woodridge, IL (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 37 INORGANIC, ORGANIC, PHYSICAL, AND ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY
Other works cited in this record:Nitric Acid, Nitrous Acid, and Nitrogen Oxides
book, June 2000
- Thiemann, Michael; Scheibler, Erich; Wiegand, Karl Wilhelm
- Ullmann's Encyclopedia of Industrial Chemistry
Improved cross-metathesis of acrylate esters catalyzed by 2nd generation ruthenium carbene complexes
journal, December 2005
- Forman, Grant S.; Tooze, Robert P.
- Journal of Organometallic Chemistry, Vol. 690, Issue 24-25, p. 5863-5866
Molybdenum and Tungsten Imido Alkylidene Complexes as Efficient Olefin-Metathesis Catalysts
journal, October 2003
- Schrock, Richard R.; Hoveyda, Amir H.
- Angewandte Chemie International Edition, Vol. 42, Issue 38, p. 4592-4633
Developments in the chemistry of tris(hydroxymethyl)phosphine
journal, March 2010
- James, Brian R.; Lorenzini, Fabio
- Coordination Chemistry Reviews, Vol. 254, Issue 5-6, p. 420-430
A simple oxidative procedure for the removal of ruthenium residues from metathesis reaction products
journal, January 2010
- Knight, David W.; Morgan, Ian R.; Proctor, Anthony J.
- Tetrahedron Letters, Vol. 51, Issue 4, p. 638-640
Purification technique for the removal of ruthenium from olefin metathesis reaction products
journal, May 1999
- Maynard, Heather D.; Grubbs, Robert H.
- Tetrahedron Letters, Vol. 40, Issue 22, p. 4137-4140
Phase-transfer catalytic reaction of 2,4,6-tribromophenol and dibromomethane: effect of potassium hydroxide
journal, December 1999
- Wang, Maw-Ling; Hsu, Shun-Li
- Journal of Molecular Catalysis A: Chemical, Vol. 150, Issue 1-2, p. 11-22
Double bond oxidative cleavage of monoenic fatty chains
journal, April 2003
- Santacesaria, E.; Ambrosio, M.; Sorrentino, A.
- Catalysis Today, Vol. 79-80, p. 59-65
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: