Various apparatus and methods for smoke detection are disclosed. In one embodiment, a method of training a classifier for a smoke detector comprises inputting sensor data from a plurality of tests into a processor. The sensor data is processed to generate derived signal data corresponding to the test data for respective tests. The derived signal data is assigned into categories comprising at least one fire group and at least one non-fire group. Linear discriminant analysis (LDA) training is performed by the processor. The derived signal data and the assigned categories for the derived signal data are inputs to the LDA training. The output of the LDA training is stored in a computer readable medium, such as in a smoke detector that uses LDA to determine, based on the training, whether present conditions indicate the existence of a fire.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- UT-Battelle, LLC (Oak Ridge, TN) ORNL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2014 Jan 23
- Research Org:
- Oak Ridge National Lab. (ORNL), Oak Ridge, TN (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 47 OTHER INSTRUMENTATION
Other works cited in this record:Advanced fire detection algorithms using data from the home smoke detector project
journal, February 2005
- Cestari, Luis A.; Worrell, Clarence; Milke, James A.
- Fire Safety Journal, Vol. 40, Issue 1, p. 1-28
Development Of A Fire Detection System Using Ft-ir Spectroscopy And Artificial Neural Networks
journal, January 2000
- Chen, Y.; Serio, M.; Sathyamoorthy, S.
- Fire Safety Science, Vol. 6, p. 791-802
Advanced fire detection using multi-signature alarm algorithms
journal, June 2002
- Gottuk, Daniel T.; Peatross, Michelle J.; Roby, Richard J.
- Fire Safety Journal, Vol. 37, Issue 4, p. 381-394
Multi-criteria fire detection systems using a probabilistic neural network
journal, October 2000
- Rose-Pehrsson, Susan L.; Shaffer, Ronald E.; Hart, Sean J.
- Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, Vol. 69, Issue 3, p. 325-335
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: