Compositions, methods, and systems comprising fluorous-soluble polymers
The present invention generally relates to compositions, methods, and systems comprising polymers that are fluorous-soluble and/or organize at interfaces between a fluorous phase and a non-fluorous phase. In some embodiments, emulsions or films are provided comprising a polymer. The polymers, emulsions, and films can be used in many applications, including for determining, treating, and/or imaging a condition and/or disease in a subject. The polymer may also be incorporated into various optoelectronic device such as photovoltaic cells, organic light-emitting diodes, organic field effect transistors, or the like. In some embodiments, the polymers comprise pi-conjugated backbones, and in some cases, are highly emissive.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Cambridge, MA) EFRC
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2011 Aug 19
- Research Org:
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 36 MATERIALS SCIENCE
Other works cited in this record:High Electron Mobility in Ladder Polymer Field-Effect Transistors
journal, November 2003
- Babel, Amit; Jenekhe, Samson A.
- Journal of the American Chemical Society, Vol. 125, Issue 45, p. 13656-13657
Application of 19F magnetic resonance to study the efficacy of fluorine labeled drugs in the three-dimensional cultured breast cancer cells
journal, January 2010
- Bartusik, Dorota; Tomanek, Boguslaw
- Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Vol. 493, Issue 2, p. 234-241
Cancer nanotechnology: opportunities and challenges
journal, March 2005
- Ferrari, Mauro
- Nature Reviews Cancer, Vol. 5, Issue 3, p. 161-171
Biocompatible surfactants for water-in-fluorocarbon emulsions
journal, January 2008
- Holtze, C.; Rowat, A. C.; Agresti, J. J.
- Lab on a Chip, Vol. 8, Issue 10, p. 1632-1639
Fluorous Biphase Synthesis of a Poly(p-phenyleneethynylene) and its Fluorescent Aqueous Fluorous-Phase Emulsion
journal, September 2010
- Lim, Jeewoo; Swager, Timothy M.
- Angewandte Chemie International Edition, Vol. 49, Issue 41, p. 7486-7488
Polyvalent Interactions in Biological Systems: Implications for Design and Use of Multivalent Ligands and Inhibitors
journal, November 1998
- Mammen, Mathai; Choi, Seok-Ki; Whitesides, George M.
- Angewandte Chemie International Edition, Vol. 37, Issue 20, p. 2754-2794
In Vivo Optical Imaging of Amyloid Aggregates in Brain Design of Fluorescent Markers
journal, August 2005
- Nesterov, Evgueni E.; Skoch, Jesse; Hyman, Bradley T.
- Angewandte Chemie International Edition, Vol. 44, Issue 34, p. 5452-5456
Introduction to Organic Thin Film Transistors and Design of n-Channel Organic Semiconductors
journal, August 2004
- Newman, Christopher R.; Frisbie, C. Daniel; da Silva Filho, Demetrio A.
- Chemistry of Materials, Vol. 16, Issue 23, p. 4436-4451
Folate receptor expression in carcinomas and normal tissues determined by a quantitative radioligand binding assay
journal, March 2005
- Parker, Nikki; Turk, Mary Jo; Westrick, Elaine
- Analytical Biochemistry, Vol. 338, Issue 2, p. 284-293
Two-Photon Absorption and the Design of Two-Photon Dyes
journal, April 2009
- Pawlicki, Miłosz; Collins, Hazel A.; Denning, Robert G.
- Angewandte Chemie International Edition, Vol. 48, Issue 18, p. 3244-3266
Excited-State Lifetime Modulation in Triphenylene-Based Conjugated Polymers
journal, November 2001
- Rose, Aimee; Lugmair, Claus G.; Swager, Timothy M.
- Journal of the American Chemical Society, Vol. 123, Issue 45, p. 11298-11299
Fluorescence Studies of Poly(p-phenyleneethynylene)s: The Effect of Anthracene Substitution
journal, April 1995
- Swager, Timothy M.; Gil, Caroline J.; Wrighton, Mark S.
- The Journal of Physical Chemistry, Vol. 99, Issue 14, p. 4886-4893
A high-mobility electron-transporting polymer for printed transistors
journal, January 2009
- Yan, He; Chen, Zhihua; Zheng, Yan
- Nature, Vol. 457, Issue 7230, p. 679-686
A High-Mobility Electron-Transport Polymer with Broad Absorption and Its Use in Field-Effect Transistors and All-Polymer Solar Cells
journal, June 2007
- Zhan, Xiaowei; Tan, Zhan'ao; Domercq, Benoit
- Journal of the American Chemical Society, Vol. 129, Issue 23, p. 7246-7247
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: