Air stable organic-inorganic nanoparticles hybrid solar cells
A solar cell includes a low work function cathode, an active layer of an organic-inorganic nanoparticle composite, a ZnO nanoparticle layer situated between and physically contacting the cathode and active layers; and a transparent high work function anode that is a bilayer electrode. The inclusion of the ZnO nanoparticle layer results in a solar cell displaying a conversion efficiency increase and reduces the device degradation rate. Embodiments of the invention are directed to novel ZnO nanoparticles that are advantageous for use as the ZnO nanoparticle layers of the novel solar cells and a method to prepare the ZnO nanoparticles.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- University of Florida Research Foundation, Inc. (Gainesville, FL) GFO
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2010 Mar 05
- Research Org:
- University of Florida Research Foundation, Inc., Gainesville, FL (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 14 SOLAR ENERGY
Other works cited in this record:Efficient Hybrid Solar Cells from Zinc Oxide Nanoparticles and a Conjugated Polymer
journal, June 2004
- Beek, W. J. E.; Wienk, M. M.; Janssen, R. A. J.
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 16, Issue 12, p. 1009-1013
Air stable polymer photovoltaics based on a process free from vacuum steps and fullerenes
journal, July 2008
- Krebs, Frederik C.
- Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, Vol. 92, Issue 7, p. 715-726
Air-stable inverted flexible polymer solar cells using zinc oxide nanoparticles as an electron selective layer
journal, June 2008
- Hau, Steven K.; Yip, Hin-Lap; Baek, Nam Seob
- Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 92, Issue 25, Article No. 253301
Air-Stable Polymer Electronic Devices
journal, September 2007
- Lee, K.; Kim, J. Y.; Park, S. H.
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 19, Issue 18, p. 2445-2449
Electroluminescence from light-emitting polymer/ZnO nanoparticle heterojunctions at sub-bandgap voltages
journal, January 2010
- Qian, Lei; Zheng, Ying; Choudhury, Kaushik R.
- Nano Today, Vol. 5, Issue 5, p. 384-389
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: