Accurate and rapid micromixer for integrated microfluidic devices
The invention may provide a microfluidic mixer having a droplet generator and a droplet mixer in selective fluid connection with the droplet generator. The droplet generator comprises first and second fluid chambers that are structured to be filled with respective first and second fluids that can each be held in isolation for a selectable period of time. The first and second fluid chambers are further structured to be reconfigured into a single combined chamber to allow the first and second fluids in the first and second fluid chambers to come into fluid contact with each other in the combined chamber for a selectable period of time prior to being brought into the droplet mixer.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- The Regents of the University of California (Oakland, CA) CHO
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2009 Jan 21
- Research Org:
- The Regents of the University of California, Oakland, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 47 OTHER INSTRUMENTATION
Other works cited in this record:Micromixers—a review on passive and active mixing principles
journal, April 2005
- Hessel, Volker; Löwe, Holger; Schönfeld, Friedhelm
- Chemical Engineering Science, Vol. 60, Issue 8-9, p. 2479-2501
Reactions in Droplets in Microfluidic Channels
journal, November 2006
- Song, Helen; Chen, Delai L.; Ismagilov, Rustem F.
- Angewandte Chemie International Edition, Vol. 45, Issue 44, p. 7336-7356
Effects of viscosity on droplet formation and mixing in microfluidic channels
journal, April 2004
- Tice, Joshua D.; Lyon, Adam D.; Ismagilov, Rustem F.
- Analytica Chimica Acta, Vol. 507, Issue 1, p. 73-77
From The Cover: Systematic investigation of protein phase behavior with a microfluidic formulator
journal, September 2004
- Hansen, C. L.; Sommer, M. O. A.; Quake, S. R.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 101, Issue 40, p. 14431-14436
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: