Control methods and systems for indirect evaporative coolers
A control method for operating an indirect evaporative cooler to control temperature and humidity. The method includes operating an airflow control device to provide supply air at a flow rate to a liquid desiccant dehumidifier. The supply air flows through the dehumidifier and an indirect evaporative cooler prior to exiting an outlet into a space. The method includes operating a pump to provide liquid desiccant to the liquid desiccant dehumidifier and sensing a temperature of an airstream at the outlet of the indirect evaporative cooler. The method includes comparing the temperature of the airstream at the outlet to a setpoint temperature at the outlet and controlling the pump to set the flow rate of the liquid desiccant. The method includes sensing space temperature, comparing the space temperature with a setpoint temperature, and controlling the airflow control device to set the flow rate of the supply air based on the comparison.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Alliance For Sustainable Energy, LLC (Golden, CO) NREL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2013 Mar 13
- Research Org:
- National Renewable Energy Lab. (NREL), Golden, CO (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 32 ENERGY CONSERVATION, CONSUMPTION, AND UTILIZATION
Other works cited in this record:A desiccant-enhanced evaporative air conditioner: Numerical model and experiments
journal, January 2013
- Woods, Jason; Kozubal, Eric
- Energy Conversion and Management, Vol. 65, p. 208-220
Desiccant Enhanced Evaporative Air-Conditioning (DEVap): Evaluation of a New Concept in Ultra Efficient Air Conditioning
report, January 2011
- Kozubal, E.; Woods, J.; Burch, J.
Development and Analysis of Desiccant Enhanced Evaporative Air Conditioner Prototype
report, April 2012
- Kozubal, E.; Woods, J.; Judkoff, R.
Liquid desiccant based two-stage evaporative cooling system using reverse osmosis (RO) process for regeneration
journal, October 2007
- Al-Sulaiman, Faleh A.; Gandhidasan, P.; Zubair, Syed M.
- Applied Thermal Engineering, Vol. 27, Issue 14-15, p. 2449-2454
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: