Material and methods to increase plant growth and yield
The present invention relates to materials and methods for modulating growth rates, yield, and/or resistance to drought conditions in plants. In one embodiment, a method of the invention comprises increasing expression of an hc1 gene (or a homolog thereof that provides for substantially the same activity), or increasing expression or activity of the protein encoded by an hc1 gene thereof, in a plant, wherein expression of the hc1 gene or expression or activity of the protein encoded by an hc1 gene results in increased growth rate, yield, and/or drought resistance in the plant.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- University of Florida Research Foundation, Inc. (Gainesville, FL) CHO
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2014 Jan 10
- Research Org:
- University of Florida Research Foundation, Inc., Gainesville, FL (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 60 APPLIED LIFE SCIENCES
Other works cited in this record:Protein tolerance to random amino acid change
journal, June 2004
- Guo, H. H.; Choe, J.; Loeb, L. A.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 101, Issue 25, p. 9205-9210
The Role of Tobacco Aquaporin1 in Improving Water Use Efficiency, Hydraulic Conductivity, and Yield Production Under Salt Stress
journal, November 2009
- Sade, N.; Gebretsadik, M.; Seligmann, R.
- Plant Physiology, Vol. 152, Issue 1, p. 245-254
Diversification in the genetic architecture of gene expression and transcriptional networks in organ differentiation of Populus
journal, April 2010
- Drost, D. R.; Benedict, C. I.; Berg, A.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 107, Issue 18, p. 8492-8497
Quantitative genetic analysis of biomass and wood chemistry of Populus under different nitrogen levels
journal, March 2009
- Novaes, Evandro; Osorio, Luis; Drost, Derek R.
- New Phytologist, Vol. 182, Issue 4, p. 878-890
Comparative analysis of the transcriptomes of Populus trichocarpa and Arabidopsis thaliana suggests extensive evolution of gene expression regulation in angiosperms
journal, October 2008
- Quesada, Tania; Li, Zhen; Dervinis, Christopher
- New Phytologist, Vol. 180, Issue 2, p. 408-420
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: