Non-cementitious compositions comprising vaterite and methods thereof
Non-cementitious compositions and products are provided. The compositions of the invention include a carbonate additive comprising vaterite such as reactive vaterite. Additional aspects of the invention include methods of making and using the non-cementitious compositions and products.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Calera Corporation (Los Gatos, CA) NETL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2013 Mar 14
- Research Org:
- Calera Corporation, Los Gatos, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 36 MATERIALS SCIENCE; 54 ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES
Other works cited in this record:Low temperature thermally regenerative electrochemical system
patent, October 1983
- Loutfy, Raouf; Brown, Alan; Yao, Neng-Ping
- US Patent Document 4,410,606
Device and method for adjusting ion concentrations
patent, October 2000
- Fuhr, Gunter; Hagedorn, Rolf
- US Patent Document 6,129,832
Electrolysis of carbon dioxide in aqueous media to carbon monoxide and hydrogen for production of methanol
patent, April 2010
- Olah, George; Prakash, G. K. Surya
- US Patent Document 7,704,369
Methods of sequestering CO2
patent, February 2011
- Constantz, Brent R.; Youngs, Andrew; Tuet, Philip Brian
- US Patent Document 7,887,694
The formation and transformation mechanism of calcium carbonate in water
journal, October 1987
- Ogino, Takeshi; Suzuki, Toshio; Sawada, Kiyoshi
- Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, Vol. 51, Issue 10, p. 2757-2767
Precipitation of Calcite and Aragonite
journal, May 1957
- Wray, John L.; Daniels, Farrington
- Journal of the American Chemical Society, Vol. 79, Issue 9, p. 2031-2034
Evaluation of reaction variables in the dissolution of serpentine for mineral carbonation
journal, January 2007
- Alexander, George; Mercedes Maroto-Valer, M.; Gafarova-Aksoy, Parvana
- Fuel, Vol. 86, Issue 1-2, p. 273-281
Multiplex integrated cavity output spectroscopy of cold PAH cations
journal, April 2004
- Biennier, Ludovic; Salama, Farid; Gupta, Manish
- Chemical Physics Letters, Vol. 387, Issue 4-6, p. 287-294
The origin and evolution of Canadian Shield brines: evaporation or freezing of seawater? New lithium isotope and geochemical evidence from the Slave craton
journal, March 1999
- Bottomley, D. J.; Katz, A.; Chan, L. H.
- Chemical Geology, Vol. 155, Issue 3-4, p. 295-320
Carbon sequestration and biomass energy offset: theoretical, potential and achievable capacities globally, in Europe and the UK
journal, February 2003
- Cannell, Melvin G. R.
- Biomass and Bioenergy, Vol. 24, Issue 2, p. 97-116
The stable isotopic composition of modern soil carbonate and its relationship to climate
journal, December 1984
- Cerling, Thure E.
- Earth and Planetary Science Letters, Vol. 71, Issue 2, p. 229-240
Carbon sequestration using brine of adjusted pH to form mineral carbonates
journal, October 2005
- Druckenmiller, Matthew L.; Maroto-Valer, M. Mercedes
- Fuel Processing Technology, Vol. 86, Issue 14-15, p. 1599-1614
Sulfur and carbon isotope geochemistry of coal and derived coal-combustion by-products: An example from an Eastern Kentucky mine and power plant
journal, September 2007
- Elswick, Erika R.; Hower, James C.; Carmo, Ana M.
- Applied Geochemistry, Vol. 22, Issue 9, p. 2065-2077
Regeneration of hydrochloric acid and sodium hydroxide from purified sodium chloride by membrane electrolysis using a hydrogen diffusion anode-membrane assembly
journal, November 2006
- Faverjon, F.; Durand, G.; Rakib, M.
- Journal of Membrane Science, Vol. 284, Issue 1-2, p. 323-330
Electrochemical study of a hydrogen diffusion anode-membrane assembly for membrane electrolysis
journal, October 2005
- Faverjon, Frédéric; Rakib, Mohammed; Durand, Gérard
- Electrochimica Acta, Vol. 51, Issue 3, p. 386-394
Corrosion resistant materials for seawater RO plants
journal, January 1989
- Hassan, Ata M.; Malik, A. U.
- Desalination, Vol. 74, p. 157-170
Carbon dioxide sequestration as stable carbonate minerals – environmental barriers
journal, August 2001
- Haywood, H.; Eyre, J.; Scholes, H.
- Environmental Geology, Vol. 41, Issue 1-2, p. 11-16
Eocene–Miocene carbon-isotope and floral record from brown coal seams in the Gippsland Basin of southeast Australia
journal, January 2009
- Holdgate, Guy R.; McGowran, Brian; Fromhold, Tom
- Global and Planetary Change, Vol. 65, Issue 1-2, p. 89-103
Novel evidence for natural formation of dioxins in ball clay
journal, January 2008
- Horii, Yuichi; van Bavel, Bert; Kannan, Kurunthachalam
- Chemosphere, Vol. 70, Issue 7, p. 1280-1289
A life-cycle assessment of Portland cement manufacturing: comparing the traditional process with alternative technologies
journal, May 2009
- Huntzinger, Deborah N.; Eatmon, Thomas D.
- Journal of Cleaner Production, Vol. 17, Issue 7, p. 668-675
Silver nanowire catalysts for alkaline fuel cells
journal, October 2008
- Kostowskyj, M.; Gilliam, R.; Kirk, D.
- International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Vol. 33, Issue 20, p. 5773-5778
Carbon dioxide disposal in carbonate minerals
journal, January 1995
- Lackner, Klaus S.; Wendt, Christopher H.; Butt, Darryl P.
- Energy, Vol. 20, Issue 11, p. 1153-1170
Mineral sequestration of CO2 by aqueous carbonation of coal combustion fly-ash
journal, January 2009
- Montes-Hernandez, G.; Pérez-López, R.; Renard, F.
- Journal of Hazardous Materials, Vol. 161, Issue 2-3, p. 1347-1354
Carbon isotope fractionation between dissolved bicarbonate and gaseous carbon dioxide
journal, May 1974
- Mook, W. G.; Bommerson, J. C.; Staverman, W. H.
- Earth and Planetary Science Letters, Vol. 22, Issue 2, p. 169-176
Electrochemical Reduction of Carbon Dioxide at Various Metal Electrodes in Aqueous Potassium Hydrogen Carbonate Solution
journal, September 1990
- Noda, Hidetomo; Ikeda, Shoichiro; Oda, Yoshiyuki
- Bulletin of the Chemical Society of Japan, Vol. 63, Issue 9, p. 2459-2462
C13 and O18 compositions in some fresh-water carbonates associated with ultramafic rocks and serpentinites: western United States
journal, July 1971
- O'Neil, James R.; Barnes, Ivan
- Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, Vol. 35, Issue 7, p. 687-697
mineral sequestration: physically activated dissolution of serpentine and pH swing process
journal, November 2004
- Park, Ah-Hyung Alissa; Fan, Liang-Shih
- Chemical Engineering Science, Vol. 59, Issue 22-23, p. 5241-5247
Modelling CO2 solubility in pure water and NaCl-type waters from 0 to 300 °C and from 1 to 300 bar: Application to the Utsira Formation at Sleipner
journal, April 2005
- Portier, Sandrine; Rochelle, Christopher
- Chemical Geology, Vol. 217, Issue 3-4, p. 187-199
High recovery membrane desalting of low-salinity brackish water: Integration of accelerated precipitation softening with membrane RO
journal, February 2007
- Rahardianto, Anditya; Gao, Junbo; Gabelich, Christopher J.
- Journal of Membrane Science, Vol. 289, Issue 1-2, p. 123-137
Possible use of Fe/CO2 fuel cells for CO2 mitigation plus H2 and electricity production
journal, August 2004
- Rau, Greg H.
- Energy Conversion and Management, Vol. 45, Issue 13-14, p. 2143-2152
Formation of High-Magnesian Calcites via an Amorphous Precursor Phase: Possible Biological Implications
journal, January 2000
- Raz, S.; Weiner, S.; Addadi, L.
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 12, Issue 1, p. 38-42
Experimental and simulation studies on mineral trapping of CO2 with brine
journal, July 2004
- Soong, Y.; Goodman, A. L.; McCarthy-Jones, J. R.
- Energy Conversion and Management, Vol. 45, Issue 11-12, p. 1845-1859
Low-magnesium calcite produced by coralline algae in seawater of Late Cretaceous composition
journal, October 2002
- Stanley, S. M.; Ries, J. B.; Hardie, L. A.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 99, Issue 24, p. 15323-15326
CO2 mineral sequestration in oil-shale wastes from Estonian power production
journal, February 2009
- Uibu, Mai; Uus, Mati; Kuusik, Rein
- Journal of Environmental Management, Vol. 90, Issue 2, p. 1253-1260
Temperature-dependent oxygen and carbon isotope fractionations of biogenic siderite
journal, July 2001
- Zhang, Chuanlun L.; Horita, Juske; Cole, David R.
- Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, Vol. 65, Issue 14, p. 2257-2271
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: