Production of carrier-peptide conjugates using chemically reactive unnatural amino acids
Provided are methods of making carrier polypeptide that include incorporating a first unnatural amino acid into a carrier polypeptide variant, incorporating a second unnatural amino acid into a target polypeptide variant, and reacting the first and second unnatural amino acids to produce the conjugate. Conjugates produced using the provided methods are also provided. In addition, orthogonal translation systems in methylotrophic yeast and methods of using these systems to produce carrier and target polypeptide variants comprising unnatural amino acids are provided.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- The Scripps Research Institute (La Jolla, CA) OSTI
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2013 Oct 28
- Research Org:
- The Scripps Research Inst., La Jolla, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 59 BASIC BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
Other works cited in this record:Yeast Systems for the Commercial Production of Heterologous Proteins
journal, November 1991
- Buckholz, Richard G.; Gleeson, Martin A. G.
- Bio/Technology, Vol. 9, Issue 11, p. 1067-1072
Heterologous protein expression in the methylotrophic yeast Pichia pastoris
journal, January 2000
- Cereghino, Joan Lin; Cregg, James M.
- FEMS Microbiology Reviews, Vol. 24, Issue 1, p. 45-66
An Improved System for the Generation and Analysis of Mutant Proteins Containing Unnatural Amino Acids in Saccharomyces cerevisiae
journal, August 2007
- Chen, Shawn; Schultz, Peter G.; Brock, Ansgar
- Journal of Molecular Biology, Vol. 371, Issue 1, p. 112-122
Addition of p-Azido-
journal, July 2002
- Chin, Jason W.; Santoro, Stephen W.; Martin, Andrew B.
- Journal of the American Chemical Society, Vol. 124, Issue 31, p. 9026-9027
An Expanded Eukaryotic Genetic Code
journal, August 2003
- Chin, Jason W.; Cropp, T. Ashton; Anderson, J. Christopher
- Science, Vol. 301, Issue 5635, p. 964-967
Expression of heterologous proteins in Pichia pastoris: a useful experimental tool in protein engineering and production
journal, January 2005
- Daly, Rachel; Hearn, Milton T. W.
- Journal of Molecular Recognition, Vol. 18, Issue 2, p. 119-138
Adding Amino Acids with Novel Reactivity to the Genetic Code of Saccharomyces Cerevisiae
journal, October 2003
- Deiters, Alexander; Cropp, T. Ashton; Mukherji, Mridul
- Journal of the American Chemical Society, Vol. 125, Issue 39, p. 11782-11783
Nucleophilic Catalysis of Oxime Ligation
journal, November 2006
- Dirksen, Anouk; Hackeng, Tilman M.; Dawson, Philip E.
- Angewandte Chemie International Edition, Vol. 45, Issue 45, p. 7581-7584
Overview of Protein Expression in Pichia pastoris
book, December 1995
- Higgins, David R.; Coligan, John E.; Dunn, Ben M.
- Current Protocols in Protein Science
Control of protein phosphorylation with a genetically encoded photocaged amino acid
journal, October 2007
- Lemke, Edward A.; Summerer, Daniel; Geierstanger, Bernhard H.
- Nature Chemical Biology, Vol. 3, Issue 12, p. 769-772
Optimization of humanized IgGs in glycoengineered Pichia pastoris
journal, January 2006
- Li, Huijuan; Sethuraman, Natarajan; Stadheim, Terrance A.
- Nature Biotechnology, Vol. 24, Issue 2, p. 210-215
Detailed Analysis Concerning the Biodistribution and Metabolism of Human Calcitonin-Derived Cell-Penetrating Peptides
journal, August 2008
- Neundorf, I.; Rennert, R.; Franke, J.
- Bioconjugate Chemistry, Vol. 19, Issue 8, p. 1596-1603
Optimization of human serum albumin production in methylotrophic yeast Pichia pastoris by repeated fed-batch fermentation
journal, January 2005
- Ohya, Tomoshi; Ohyama, Masao; Kobayashi, Kaoru
- Biotechnology and Bioengineering, Vol. 90, Issue 7, p. 876-887
A strong nitrogen source-regulated promoter for controlled expression of foreign genes in the yeast Pichia pastoris
journal, August 1998
- Shen, Shigang; Sulter, Greitje; Jeffries, Thomas W.
- Gene, Vol. 216, Issue 1, p. 93-102
A genetically encoded fluorescent amino acid
journal, June 2006
- Summerer, D.; Chen, S.; Wu, N.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 103, Issue 26, p. 9785-9789
New Methods Enabling Efficient Incorporation of Unnatural Amino Acids in Yeast
journal, May 2008
- Wang, Qian; Wang, Lei
- Journal of the American Chemical Society, Vol. 130, Issue 19, p. 6066-6067
Addition of the keto functional group to the genetic code of Escherichia coli
journal, December 2002
- Wang, L.; Zhang, Z.; Brock, A.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 100, Issue 1, p. 56-61
Adding amino acids to the genetic repertoire
journal, December 2005
- Xie, Jianming; Schultz, Peter G.
- Current Opinion in Chemical Biology, Vol. 9, Issue 6, p. 548-554
Expanding the Genetic Repertoire of the Methylotrophic Yeast Pichia pastoris
journal, March 2009
- Young, Travis S.; Ahmad, Insha; Brock, Ansgar
- Biochemistry, Vol. 48, Issue 12, p. 2643-2653
Pyrrolysine is not hardwired for cotranslational insertion at UAG codons
journal, February 2007
- Ambrogelly, A.; Gundllapalli, S.; Herring, S.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 104, Issue 9, p. 3141-3146
Albumin as a drug carrier: Design of prodrugs, drug conjugates and nanoparticles
journal, December 2008
- Kratz, Felix
- Journal of Controlled Release, Vol. 132, Issue 3, p. 171-183
Unnatural Amino Acid Incorporation into Virus-Like Particles
journal, April 2008
- Strable, Erica; Prasuhn, Duane E.; Udit, Andrew K.
- Bioconjugate Chemistry, Vol. 19, Issue 4, p. 866-875
PEGylation, successful approach to drug delivery
journal, November 2005
- Veronese, Francesco M.; Pasut, Gianfranco
- Drug Discovery Today, Vol. 10, Issue 21, p. 1451-1458
High-Level Expression of Tetanus Toxin Fragment C in Pichia Pastoris Strains Containing Multiple Tandem Integrations of the Gene
journal, May 1991
- Clare, J. J.; Rayment, F. B.; Ballantine, S. P.
- Nature Biotechnology, Vol. 9, Issue 5, p. 455-460
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: