Fusing porphyrins with polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and heterocycles for optoelectronic applications
A compound that can be used as a donor material in organic photovoltaic devices comprising a non-activated porphyrin fused with one or more non-activated polycyclic aromatic rings or one or more non-activated heterocyclic rings can be obtained by a thermal fusion process. The compounds can include structures of Formula I: ##STR00001## By heating the reaction mixture of non-activated porphyrins with non-activated polycyclic aromatic rings or heterocyclic rings to a fusion temperature and holding for a predetermined time, fusion of one or more polycyclic rings or heterocyclic rings to the non-activated porphyrin core in meso,.beta. fashion is achieved resulting in hybrid structures containing a distorted porphyrin ring with annulated aromatic rings. The porphyrin core can be olygoporphyrins.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- The University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) DOESC
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2011 Jan 06
- Research Org:
- The University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 37 INORGANIC, ORGANIC, PHYSICAL, AND ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY
Other works cited in this record:Photoinduced electron transfer in supramolecular systems for artificial photosynthesis
journal, May 1992
- Wasielewski, Michael R.
- Chemical Reviews, Vol. 92, Issue 3, p. 435-461
Organic Photovoltaics Using Tetraphenylbenzoporphyrin Complexes as Donor Layers
journal, April 2009
- Perez, M. Dolores; Borek, Carsten; Djurovich, Peter I.
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 21, Issue 14-15, p. 1517-1520
A High‐Performance Organic Field‐Effect Transistor Based on Platinum(II) Porphyrin: Peripheral Substituents on Porphyrin Ligand Significantly Affect Film Structure and Charge Mobility
journal, July 2008
- Che, Chi‐Ming; Xiang, Hai‐Feng; Chui, Stephen Sin‐Yin
- Chemistry – An Asian Journal, Vol. 3, Issue 7, p. 1092-1103
Small molecular weight organic thin-film photodetectors and solar cells
journal, April 2003
- Peumans, Peter; Yakimov, Aharon; Forrest, Stephen R.
- Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 93, Issue 7, p. 3693-3723
Exceptional Redox and Photophysical Properties of a Triply Fused Diporphyrin–C60 Conjugate: Novel Scaffolds for Multicharge Storage in Molecular Scale Electronics
journal, October 2003
- Bonifazi, Davide; Scholl, Markus; Song, Fayi
- Angewandte Chemie International Edition, Vol. 42, Issue 40, p. 4966-4970
Synthetic routes to porphyrins bearing fused rings
journal, October 2006
- Fox, Simon; Boyle, Ross W.
- Tetrahedron, Vol. 62, Issue 43, p. 10039-10054
Fused Pyrene-Diporphyrins: Shifting Near-Infrared Absorption to 1.5 μm and Beyond
journal, July 2010
- Diev, Vyacheslav V.; Hanson, Kenneth; Zimmerman, Jeramy D.
- Angewandte Chemie International Edition, Vol. 49, Issue 32, p. 5523-5526
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: