Graphene device and method of using graphene device
An embodiment of a graphene device includes a layered structure, first and second electrodes, and a dopant island. The layered structure includes a conductive layer, an insulating layer, and a graphene layer. The electrodes are coupled to the graphene layer. The dopant island is coupled to an exposed surface of the graphene layer between the electrodes. An embodiment of a method of using a graphene device includes providing the graphene device. A voltage is applied to the conductive layer of the graphene device. Another embodiment of a method of using a graphene device includes providing the graphene device without the dopant island. A dopant island is placed on an exposed surface of the graphene layer between the electrodes. A voltage is applied to the conductive layer of the graphene device. A response of the dopant island to the voltage is observed.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- The Regents of the University of California (Oakland, CA) CHO
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2010 Oct 29
- Research Org:
- Argonne National Lab. (ANL), Argonne, IL (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 77 NANOSCIENCE AND NANOTECHNOLOGY
Other works cited in this record:Electrostatic modification of novel materials
journal, November 2006
- Ahn, C. H.; Bhattacharya, A.; Di Ventra, M.
- Reviews of Modern Physics, Vol. 78, Issue 4, p. 1185-1212
Electric-field-induced superconductivity in an insulator
journal, October 2008
- Ueno, K.; Nakamura, S.; Shimotani, H.
- Nature Materials, Vol. 7, Issue 11, p. 855-858
Two-dimensional atomic crystals
journal, July 2005
- Novoselov, K. S.; Jiang, D.; Schedin, F.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 102, Issue 30, p. 10451-10453
Large-Area Synthesis of High-Quality and Uniform Graphene Films on Copper Foils
journal, May 2009
- Li, X.; Cai, W.; An, J.
- Science, Vol. 324, Issue 5932, p. 1312-1314
The rise of graphene
journal, March 2007
- Geim, A. K.; Novoselov, K. S.
- Nature Materials, Vol. 6, Issue 3, p. 183-191
Ordering, metastability and phase transitions in two-dimensional systems
journal, April 1973
- Kosterlitz, J M; Thouless, D J
- Journal of Physics C: Solid State Physics, Vol. 6, Issue 7, p. 1181-1203
Electronic spin transport and spin precession in single graphene layers at room temperature
journal, July 2007
- Tombros, Nikolaos; Jozsa, Csaba; Popinciuc, Mihaita
- Nature, Vol. 448, Issue 7153, p. 571-574
Equilibrium shape and temperature; Lead on graphite
journal, January 1983
- Heyraud, J. C.; Métois, J. J.
- Surface Science, Vol. 128, Issue 2-3, p. 334-342
Melting behavior of as-deposited and recrystallized indium nanocrystals
journal, October 2005
- Zayed, M. K.; Elsayed-Ali, H. E.
- Thin Solid Films, Vol. 489, Issue 1-2, p. 42-49
Possibility of Vortex-Antivortex Pair Dissociation in Two-Dimensional Superconductors
journal, April 1979
- Beasley, M. R.; Mooij, J. E.; Orlando, T. P.
- Physical Review Letters, Vol. 42, Issue 17, p. 1165-1168
The influence of fluctuation pairing of electrons on the conductivity of normal metal
journal, February 1968
- Aslamasov, L. G.; Larkin, A. I.
- Physics Letters A, Vol. 26, Issue 6, p. 238-239
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: