Stent with expandable foam
A stent for treating a physical anomaly. The stent includes a skeletal support structure for expanding in the physical anomaly and a shape memory material coupled to the skeletal support structure.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Lawrence Livermore National Security, LLC (Livermore, CA) LSO
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2013 May 13
- Research Org:
- Lawrence Livermore National Lab. (LLNL), Livermore, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 59 BASIC BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES; 60 APPLIED LIFE SCIENCES; 36 MATERIALS SCIENCE
Other works cited in this record:Specimen reduction device
patent, July 1994
- Heaven, Malcolm; Schuler, Michael
- US Patent Document 5,330,483
Thermally softening stylet
patent, June 1998
- Bley, Robert; Kubacki, Glenn
- US Patent Document 5,762,630
Microfabricated therapeutic actuators
patent, June 1999
- Lee, Abraham P.; Northrup, M. Allen; Ciarlo, Dino R.
- US Patent Document 5,911,737
Implantable cardiac lead with multiple shape memory polymer structures
patent, September 1999
- Schroeppel, Edward; Spehr, Paul; Machek, James
- US Patent Document 5,957,966
Polymeric medical device systems having shape memory
patent, October 1999
- Balbierz, Daniel; Walker, Jack; Thomas, Joseph
- US Patent Document 5,964,744
Microfabricated therapeutic actuators and release mechanisms therefor
patent, May 2000
- Lee, Abraham; Fitch, Joseph; Schumann, Daniel
- US Patent Document 6,059,815
Expandable introducer sheath
patent, July 2000
- Kratoska, William; Tay, Sew-Wah; Thome, Scott
- US Patent Document 6,090,072
Shape memory polymer (SMP) gripper with a release sensing system
patent, August 2000
- Maitland, Duncan; Lee, Abraham; Schumann, Daniel
- US Patent Document 6,102,917
Shape memory polymer foams for endovascular therapies
patent, March 2012
- Wilson, Thomas S.; Maitland, Duncan J.
- US Patent Document 8,133,256
Consideration of handy excitation apparatus for the inductive hyperthermia
journal, July 2001
- Jojo, M.; Murakami, A.; Sato, F.
- IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 37, Issue 4, p. 2944-2946
VLF induction heating for clinical hyperthermia
journal, November 1986
- Kimura, I.; Katsuki, T.
- IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 22, Issue 6, p. 1897-1900
High quality soft heating method utilizing temperature dependence of permeability and core loss of low Curie temperature Ferrite
journal, September 1985
- Matsuki, H.; Murakami, K.
- IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 21, Issue 5, p. 1927-1929
A Review of Magnetic Induction Methods for Hyperthermia Treatment of Cancer
journal, January 1984
- Oleson, James R.
- IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, Vol. BME-31, Issue 1, p. 91-97
Evaluation of inductively heated ferromagnetic alloy implants for therapeutic interstitial hyperthermia
journal, April 1996
- Paulus, J.A.; Richardson, J.S.; Tucker, R.D.
- IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, Vol. 43, Issue 4, p. 406-413
An experimental study of a soft heating method for clinical application of interstitial hyperthermia
journal, November 1993
- Sato, M.; Kodama, N.; Sato, T.
- IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 29, Issue 6, p. 3331-3333
Observations on the Use of Ferromagnetic Implants for Inducing Hyperthermia
journal, January 1984
- Stauffer, Paul R.; Cetas, Thomas C.; Fletcher, Anne M.
- IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, Vol. BME-31, Issue 1, p. 76-90
Practical induction heating coil designs for clinical hyperthermia with ferromagnetic implants
journal, January 1994
- Stauffer, P.R.; Sneed, P.K.; Hashemi, H.
- IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, Vol. 41, Issue 1, p. 17-28
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: