Methods of fabrication of graphene nanoribbons
Methods of fabricating graphene nanoribbons include depositing a catalyst layer on a substrate. A masking layer is deposited on the catalyst layer. The masking layer and the catalyst layer are etched to form a structure on the substrate, the structure comprising a portion of the catalyst layer and a portion of the masking layer disposed on the catalyst layer, with sidewalls of the catalyst layer being exposed. A graphene layer is formed on a sidewall of the catalyst layer with a carbon-containing gas.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- The Regents of the University of California (Oakland, CA) LBNL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2013 Jun 05
- Research Org:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Lab. (LBNL), Berkeley, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 36 MATERIALS SCIENCE; 77 NANOSCIENCE AND NANOTECHNOLOGY
Other works cited in this record:The rise of graphene
journal, March 2007
- Geim, A. K.; Novoselov, K. S.
- Nature Materials, Vol. 6, Issue 3, p. 183-191
The electronic properties of graphene
journal, January 2009
- Castro Neto, A. H.; Guinea, F.; Peres, N. M. R.
- Reviews of Modern Physics, Vol. 81, Issue 1, p. 109-162
Chemically Derived, Ultrasmooth Graphene Nanoribbon Semiconductors
journal, February 2008
- Li, Xiaolin; Wang, Xinran; Zhang, Li
- Science, Vol. 319, Issue 5867, p. 1229-1232
Graphene nano-ribbon electronics
journal, December 2007
- Chen, Zhihong; Lin, Yu-Ming; Rooks, Michael J.
- Physica E: Low-dimensional Systems and Nanostructures, Vol. 40, Issue 2, p. 228-232
Large-Area Synthesis of High-Quality and Uniform Graphene Films on Copper Foils
journal, May 2009
- Li, X.; Cai, W.; An, J.
- Science, Vol. 324, Issue 5932, p. 1312-1314
Barrier-Guided Growth of Micro- and Nano-Structured Graphene
journal, January 2012
- Safron, Nathaniel S.; Kim, Myungwoong; Gopalan, Padma
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 24, Issue 8, p. 1041-1045
Raman Spectrum of Graphene and Graphene Layers
journal, October 2006
- Ferrari, A. C.; Meyer, J. C.; Scardaci, V.
- Physical Review Letters, Vol. 97, Issue 18, Article No. 187401
Raman spectroscopy in graphene
journal, April 2009
- Malard, L. M.; Pimenta, M. A.; Dresselhaus, G.
- Physics Reports, Vol. 473, Issue 5-6, p. 51-87
Phonon softening and crystallographic orientation of strained graphene studied by Raman spectroscopy
journal, April 2009
- Huang, M.; Yan, H.; Chen, C.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 106, Issue 18, p. 7304-7308
Atmospheric Oxygen Binding and Hole Doping in Deformed Graphene on a SiO2 Substrate
journal, December 2010
- Ryu, Sunmin; Liu, Li; Berciaud, Stephane
- Nano Letters, Vol. 10, Issue 12, p. 4944-4951
Thermal properties of graphene and nanostructured carbon materials
journal, August 2011
- Balandin, Alexander A.
- Nature Materials, Vol. 10, Issue 8, p. 569-581
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: