Shape memory polymer foams for endovascular therapies
A system for occluding a physical anomaly. One embodiment comprises a shape memory material body wherein the shape memory material body fits within the physical anomaly occluding the physical anomaly. The shape memory material body has a primary shape for occluding the physical anomaly and a secondary shape for being positioned in the physical anomaly.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Lawrence Livermore National Security, LLC (Livermore, CA) LSO
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Research Org:
- Lawrence Livermore National Lab. (LLNL), Livermore, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 59 BASIC BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES; 60 APPLIED LIFE SCIENCES; 36 MATERIALS SCIENCE
Other works cited in this record:Porous and transparent poly(vinyl alcohol) gel and method of manufacturing the same
patent, May 1987
- Hyon, Suong-Hyu; Ikada, Yoshito
- US Patent Document 4,663,358
Closing plug of a defect for medical use and a closing plug device utilizing it
patent, March 1993
- Kamiya, Tetsuro; Echigo, Shigeyuki; Matsuda, Takehisa
- US Patent Document 5,192,301
Specimen reduction device
patent, July 1994
- Heaven, Malcolm D.; Schuler, Michael
- US Patent Document 5,330,483
Cobalt palladium seeds for thermal treatment of tumors
patent, July 1995
- Paulus, Joseph A.; Tucker, Robert D.
- US Patent Document 5,429,583
Endoprosthetic device with therapeutic compound
patent, October 1997
- Phan, Loc; Stertzer, Simon; Froix, Michael
- US Patent Document 5,674,242
Thermally softening stylet
patent, June 1998
- Bley, Robert; Kubacki, Glenn
- US Patent Document 5,762,630
Method of using a clot capture coil
patent, April 1999
- Wensel, Jeffrey P.; Gobin, Y. Pierre
- US Patent Document 5,895,398
Microfabricated therapeutic actuators
patent, June 1999
- Lee, Abraham P.; Northrup, M. Allen; Ciarlo, Dino R.
- US Patent Document 5,911,737
Implantable cardiac lead with multiple shape memory polymer structures
patent, September 1999
- Schroeppel, Edward A.; Spehr, Paul R.; Machek, James E.
- US Patent Document 5,957,966
Polymeric medical device systems having shape memory
patent, October 1999
- Balbierz, Daniel J.; Walker, Jack M.; Thomas, Joseph R.
- US Patent Document 5,964,744
Hydrophilic polyurethane foams
patent, March 2000
- Bleys, Gerhard Jozef; Gerber, Dirk; Grymonprez, Henk
- US Patent Document 6,034,149
Microfabricated therapeutic actuators and release mechanisms therefor
patent, May 2000
- Lee, Abraham P.; Fitch, Joseph P.; Schumann, Daniel L.
- US Patent Document 6,059,815
Expandable introducer sheath
patent, July 2000
- Kratoska, William F.; Tay, Sew-Wah; Thome, Scott P.
- US Patent Document 6,090,072
Shape memory polymer (SMP) gripper with a release sensing system
patent, August 2000
- Maitland, Duncan J.; Lee, Abraham P.; Schumann, Daniel L.
- US Patent Document 6,102,917
Structures and fabricated articles having shape memory made from .alpha.-olefin/vinyl or vinylidene aromatic and/or hindered aliphatic vinyl or vinylidene interpolymers
patent, December 2000
- Hoenig, Stephen M.; Turley, Robert R.; Cheung, Yunwa W.
- US Patent Document 6,156,842
Vascular embolization with an expansible implant
patent, December 2000
- Greene, Jr., George R.; Rosenbluth, Robert F.; Cox, Brian J.
- US Patent Document 6,165,193
Catheter with shape memory polymer distal tip for deployment of therapeutic devices
patent, September 2001
- Ken, Christopher G. M.
- US Patent Document 6,293,960
Endoluminal device delivery system using axially recovering shape memory material
patent, October 2001
- Kurz, Daniel R.; Wong, Rose Y.; Sein-Lwyn, Crystal K.
- US Patent Document 6,296,622
Heating of magnetic material by hysteresis effects
patent, July 2003
- Gray, Bruce Nathaniel; Cammarano, Raffaele; Jones, Stephen Keith
- US Patent Document 6,599,234
A Review of Magnetic Induction Methods for Hyperthermia Treatment of Cancer
journal, January 1984
- Oleson, James R.
- IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, Vol. BME-31, Issue 1, p. 91-97
An experimental study of a soft heating method for clinical application of interstitial hyperthermia
journal, November 1993
- Sato, M.; Kodama, N.; Sato, T.
- IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 29, Issue 6, p. 3331-3333
Evaluation of inductively heated ferromagnetic alloy implants for therapeutic interstitial hyperthermia
journal, April 1996
- Paulus, J.A.; Richardson, J.S.; Tucker, R.D.
- IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, Vol. 43, Issue 4, p. 406-413
Inductive heating of ferrimagnetic particles and magnetic fluids: Physical evaluation of their potential for hyperthermia
journal, January 2009
- Jordan, A.; Wust, P.; Fähling, H.
- International Journal of Hyperthermia, Vol. 25, Issue 7, p. 499-511
High quality soft heating method utilizing temperature dependence of permeability and core loss of low Curie temperature Ferrite
journal, September 1985
- Matsuki, H.; Murakami, K.
- IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 21, Issue 5, p. 1927-1929
Observations on the Use of Ferromagnetic Implants for Inducing Hyperthermia
journal, January 1984
- Stauffer, Paul R.; Cetas, Thomas C.; Fletcher, Anne M.
- IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, Vol. BME-31, Issue 1, p. 76-90
Practical induction heating coil designs for clinical hyperthermia with ferromagnetic implants
journal, January 1994
- Stauffer, P.R.; Sneed, P.K.; Hashemi, H.
- IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, Vol. 41, Issue 1, p. 17-28
VLF induction heating for clinical hyperthermia
journal, November 1986
- Kimura, I.; Katsuki, T.
- IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 22, Issue 6, p. 1897-1900
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: