Wet-chemical systems and methods for producing black silicon substrates
A wet-chemical method of producing a black silicon substrate. The method comprising soaking single crystalline silicon wafers in a predetermined volume of a diluted inorganic compound solution. The substrate is combined with an etchant solution that forms a uniform noble metal nanoparticle induced Black Etch of the silicon wafer, resulting in a nanoparticle that is kinetically stabilized. The method comprising combining with an etchant solution having equal volumes acetonitrile/acetic acid:hydrofluoric acid:hydrogen peroxide.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Alliance for Sustainable Energy, LLC (Golden, CO) GFO
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Research Org:
- National Renewable Energy Lab. (NREL), Golden, CO (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 37 INORGANIC, ORGANIC, PHYSICAL, AND ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY; 36 MATERIALS SCIENCE; 14 SOLAR ENERGY
Other works cited in this record:Fabrication of Single-Crystalline Silicon Nanowires by Scratching a Silicon Surface with Catalytic Metal Particles
journal, February 2006
- Peng, K. Q.; Hu, J. J.; Yan, Y. J.
- Advanced Functional Materials, Vol. 16, Issue 3, p. 387-394
Texturization of multicrystalline silicon wafers for solar cells by chemical treatment using metallic catalyst
journal, January 2006
- Tsujino, K.; Matsumura, M.; Nishimoto, Y.
- Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, Vol. 90, Issue 1, p. 100-110
Antireflection subwavelength structure of silicon surface formed by wet process using catalysis of single nano-sized gold particle
journal, August 2008
- Nishioka, Kensuke; Horita, Susumu; Ohdaira, Keisuke
- Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, Vol. 92, Issue 8, p. 919-922
10 μm minority-carrier diffusion lengths in Si wires synthesized by Cu-catalyzed vapor-liquid-solid growth
journal, October 2009
- Putnam, Morgan C.; Turner-Evans, Daniel B.; Kelzenberg, Michael D.
- Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 95, Issue 16, 163116
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: