Method for sustaining microorganism culture in syngas fermentation process in decreased concentration or absence of various substrates
The present invention relates to methods for sustaining microorganism culture in a syngas fermentation reactor in decreased concentration or absence of various substrates comprising: adding carbon dioxide and optionally alcohol; maintaining free acetic acid concentrations; and performing the above mentioned steps within specified time.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- INEOS BIO SA (Rolle, CH) GFO
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Research Org:
- INEOS BIO SA, Rolle, Switzerland (Europe)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 59 BASIC BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES; 09 BIOMASS FUELS
Other works cited in this record:Incorporation of surface carbon into hydrocarbons during Fischer-Tropsch synthesis: Mechanistic implications
journal, June 1979
- Biloen, P.; Helle, J. N.; Sachtler, W. M. H.
- Journal of Catalysis, Vol. 58, Issue 1, p. 95-107
Formulation of defined media for carbon monoxide fermentation by Eubacterium limosum KIST612 and the growth characteristics of the bacterium
journal, January 1999
- Chang, In-Seop; Kim, Byung-Hong; Kim, Do-Hee
- Journal of Bioscience and Bioengineering, Vol. 88, Issue 6, p. 682-685
Regulation of metabolic shifts in Clostridium acetobutylicum ATCC 824
journal, October 1995
- Girbal, Laurence; Croux, Christian; Vasconcelos, Isabel
- FEMS Microbiology Reviews, Vol. 17, Issue 3, p. 287-297
The induction of acetone and butanol production in cultures of Clostridium acetobutylicum by elevated concentrations of acetate and butyrate
journal, December 1981
- Gottschal, J. C.; Morris, J. G.
- FEMS Microbiology Letters, Vol. 12, Issue 4, p. 385-389
Bioconversion of synthesis gas into liquid or gaseous fuels
journal, August 1992
- Klasson, K. Thomas; Ackerson, Michael D.; Clausen, Edgar C.
- Enzyme and Microbial Technology, Vol. 14, Issue 8, p. 602-608
Biological conversion of coal and coal-derived synthesis gas
journal, December 1993
- Klasson, K. T.; Ackerson, M. D.; Clausen, E. C.
- Fuel, Vol. 72, Issue 12, p. 1673-1678
Kinetics of light limited growth and biological hydrogen production from carbon monoxide and water by Rhodospirillum rubrum
journal, May 1993
- Klasson, K. T.; Lundbäck, K. M. O.; Clausen, E. C.
- Journal of Biotechnology, Vol. 29, Issue 1-2, p. 177-188
Hydrogenase: Properties and applications
journal, July 1979
- Krasna, Alvin I.
- Enzyme and Microbial Technology, Vol. 1, Issue 3, p. 165-172
Enzymology of the Acetyl-CoA Pathway of CO2 Fixation
journal, January 1991
- Ragsdale, Stephen W.
- Critical Reviews in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Vol. 26, Issue 3-4, p. 261-300
High temperature Fischer–Tropsch synthesis in commercial practice
journal, October 1999
- Steynberg, A. P.; Espinoza, R. L.; Jager, B.
- Applied Catalysis A: General, Vol. 186, Issue 1-2, p. 41-54
Design of bioreactors for coal synthesis gas fermentations
journal, March 1990
- Vega, J. L.; Clausen, E. C.; Gaddy, J. L.
- Resources, Conservation and Recycling, Vol. 3, Issue 2-3, p. 149-160
The acetyl-CoA pathway: a newly discovered pathway of autotrophic growth
journal, January 1986
- Wood, Harland G.; Ragsdale, Steve W.; Pezacka, Ewa
- Trends in Biochemical Sciences, Vol. 11, Issue 1, p. 14-18
Kinetics of Fischer–Tropsch synthesis on titania-supported cobalt
journal, May 2000
- Zennaro, Roberto; Tagliabue, Marco; Bartholomew, Calvin H.
- Catalysis Today, Vol. 58, Issue 4, p. 309-319
Ethanol and acetate production from synthesis gas via fermentation processes using anaerobic bacterium, Clostridium ljungdahlii
journal, December 2005
- Younesi, Habibollah; Najafpour, Ghasem; Mohamed, Abdul Rahman
- Biochemical Engineering Journal, Vol. 27, Issue 2, p. 110-119
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: