Ultratough single crystal boron-doped diamond
The invention relates to a single crystal boron doped CVD diamond that has a toughness of at least about 22 MPa m.sup.1/2. The invention further relates to a method of manufacturing single crystal boron doped CVD diamond. The growth rate of the diamond can be from about 20-100 .mu.m/h.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Carnegie Institution of Washington (Washington, DC) Y-12
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2009 May 05
- Research Org:
- Carnegie Institution of Washington, Washington, DC (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 36 MATERIALS SCIENCE
Other works cited in this record:Optical-quality diamond growth from CO2-containing gas chemistries
journal, March 1999
- Mollart, T. P.; Lewis, K. L.
- Diamond and Related Materials, Vol. 8, Issue 2-5, p. 236-241
Effect of oxygen addition on microwave plasma CVD of diamond from CH4-H2 mixture
journal, January 1989
- Chen, Chia-Fu; Huang, Yen.C.; Hosomi, Satoru
- Materials Research Bulletin, Vol. 24, Issue 1, p. 87-94
The effect of carbon and nitrogen implantation on the abrasion resistance of type IIa (110) diamond
journal, January 1993
- Anderson, Gregory C.; Prawer, Steven; Johnston, Peter
- Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section B: Beam Interactions with Materials and Atoms, Vol. 80-81, p. 1451-1455
Stresses generated by inhomogeneous distributions of inclusions in diamonds
journal, January 1997
- Anthony, Thomas R.; Meng, Yue
- Diamond and Related Materials, Vol. 6, Issue 1, p. 120-129
Effects of vicinal angles from (001) surface on the Boron-doping features of high-quality homoepitaxial diamond films grown by the high-power microwave plasma chemical-vapor-deposition method
journal, December 2007
- Arima, Kazuya; Miyatake, Hidetaka; Teraji, Tokuyuki
- Journal of Crystal Growth, Vol. 309, Issue 2, p. 145-152
Growth-sector dependence of optical features in large synthetic diamonds
journal, July 1990
- Burns, R. C.; Cvetkovic, Vesna; Dodge, C. N.
- Journal of Crystal Growth, Vol. 104, Issue 2, p. 257-279
Boron-related infra-red absorption in homoepitaxial diamond films
journal, October 1998
- Gheeraert, E.; Deneuville, A.; Mambou, J.
- Diamond and Related Materials, Vol. 7, Issue 10, p. 1509-1512
Accurate measurement of fracture toughness of free standing diamond films by three-point bending tests with sharp pre-cracked specimens
journal, September 2000
- Jiang, Z.; Lu, F. X.; Tang, W. Z.
- Diamond and Related Materials, Vol. 9, Issue 9-10, p. 1734-1738
Optical and electrical characterization of boron-doped diamond films
journal, May 1995
- Locher, R.; Wagner, J.; Fuchs, F.
- Diamond and Related Materials, Vol. 4, Issue 5-6, p. 678-683
Enhanced optical properties of chemical vapor deposited single crystal diamond by low-pressure/high-temperature annealing
journal, November 2008
- Meng, Y.-f.; Yan, C.-s.; Lai, J.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 105, Issue 46, p. 17620-17625
Mechanical properties of diamond and cubic BN at different temperatures and deformation rates
journal, July 1993
- Novikov, N. V.; Sirota, Yu. V.; Mal'nev, V. I.
- Diamond and Related Materials, Vol. 2, Issue 9, p. 1253-1256
Structural changes in CVD diamond film by boron and nitrogen doping
journal, April 2000
- Show, Yoshiyuki; Matsukawa, Toshikazu; Ito, Hirokazu
- Diamond and Related Materials, Vol. 9, Issue 3-6, p. 337-340
Indentation hardness of nano-polycrystalline diamond prepared from graphite by direct conversion
journal, October 2004
- Sumiya, H.; Irifune, T.
- Diamond and Related Materials, Vol. 13, Issue 10, p. 1771-1776
Very high growth rate chemical vapor deposition of single-crystal diamond
journal, September 2002
- Yan, C.-s.; Vohra, Y. K.; Mao, H.-k.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 99, Issue 20, p. 12523-12525
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: