Field-effect P-N junction
This disclosure provides systems, methods, and apparatus related to field-effect p-n junctions. In one aspect, a device includes an ohmic contact, a semiconductor layer disposed on the ohmic contact, at least one rectifying contact disposed on the semiconductor layer, a gate including a layer disposed on the at least one rectifying contact and the semiconductor layer and a gate contact disposed on the layer. A lateral width of the rectifying contact is less than a semiconductor depletion width of the semiconductor layer. The gate contact is electrically connected to the ohmic contact to create a self-gating feedback loop that is configured to maintain a gate electric field of the gate.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- The Regents of the University of California (Oakland, CA) CHO
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2013 Feb 22
- Research Org:
- Argonne National Lab. (ANL), Argonne, IL (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 42 ENGINEERING; 71 CLASSICAL AND QUANTUM MECHANICS, GENERAL PHYSICS; 14 SOLAR ENERGY
Other works cited in this record:Experimental realization of field effect a-Si:H solar cells
journal, March 2003
- De Cesare, G.; Chicarella, F.; Palma, F.
- Thin Solid Films, Vol. 427, Issue 1-2, p. 166-170
Photon-induced degradation in metal–insulator–semiconductor solar cells
journal, November 2001
- Gomaa, Naima G.
- Renewable Energy, Vol. 24, Issue 3-4, p. 529-534
Computer analysis of induced-inversion layer MOS solar cells
journal, March 1984
- Yeh, Dah-Kwang; DeMassa, Thomas A.
- Solid-State Electronics, Vol. 27, Issue 3, p. 283-292
Influence of external bias on photoelectric properties of silicon MIS/IL structures
journal, June 1998
- Yerokhov, V. Yu.; Melnyk, I. I.
- Solid-State Electronics, Vol. 42, Issue 6, p. 883-889
Current transport in metal-semiconductor barriers
journal, November 1966
- Crowell, C. R.; Sze, S. M.
- Solid-State Electronics, Vol. 9, Issue 11-12, p. 1035-1048
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: