Multi-analyte analysis of saliva biomarkers as predictors of periodontal and pre-implant disease
The present invention relates to methods of measuring biomarkers to determine the probability of a periodontal and/or peri-implant disease. More specifically, the invention provides a panel of biomarkers that, when used in combination, can allow determination of the probability of a periodontal and/or peri-implant disease state with extremely high accuracy.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- The Regents of the University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) SSO
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2008 Jul 30
- Research Org:
- Sandia National Lab. (SNL-CA), Livermore, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 59 BASIC BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES; 60 APPLIED LIFE SCIENCES
Other works cited in this record:The area above the ordinal dominance graph and the area below the receiver operating characteristic graph
journal, November 1975
- Bamber, Donald
- Journal of Mathematical Psychology, Vol. 12, Issue 4, p. 387-415
Analytical epidemiology of periodontitis
journal, October 2005
- Borrell, Luisa N.; Papapanou, Panos N.
- Journal of Clinical Periodontology, Vol. 32, Issue s6, p. 132-158
Clinical risk indicators for periodontal attachment loss
journal, February 1991
- Haffajee, A. D.; Socransky, S. S.; Lindhe, J.
- Journal of Clinical Periodontology, Vol. 18, Issue 2, p. 117-125
Microfluidic immunoassays as rapid saliva-based clinical diagnostics
journal, March 2007
- Herr, A. E.; Hatch, A. V.; Throckmorton, D. J.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 104, Issue 13, p. 5268-5273
Relationship between C-telopeptide pyridinoline cross-links (ICTP) and putative periodontal pathogens in periodontitis
journal, November 1998
- Palys, Michael D.; Haffajee, Anne D.; Socransky, Sigmund S.
- Journal of Clinical Periodontology, Vol. 25, Issue 11, p. 865-871
Quantitation of Bacteroides forsythus in subgingival plaque
journal, January 2000
- Shelburne, Charles E.; Prabhu, Anila; Gleason, Raymond M.
- Journal of Microbiological Methods, Vol. 39, Issue 2, p. 97-107
Microbial complexes in subgingival plaque
journal, February 1998
- Socransky, S. S.; Haffajee, A. D.; Cugini, M. A.
- Journal of Clinical Periodontology, Vol. 25, Issue 2, p. 134-144
Advances in the progression of periodontitis and proposal of definitions of a periodontitis case and disease progression for use in risk factor research. Group C Consensus report of the 5th European workshop in periodontology
journal, October 2005
- Tonetti, M. S.; Claffey, N.
- Journal of Clinical Periodontology, Vol. 32, Issue s6, p. 210-213
Microfluidic diagnostic technologies for global public health
journal, July 2006
- Yager, Paul; Edwards, Thayne; Fu, Elain
- Nature, Vol. 442, Issue 7101, p. 412-418
Salivary mRNA targets for cancer diagnostics
journal, May 2008
- Zimmermann, Bernhard G.; Wong, David T.
- Oral Oncology, Vol. 44, Issue 5, p. 425-429
Detection of neutral protease (Periocheck) and BANA hydrolase (Perioscan) compared with traditional clinical methods of diagnosis and monitoring of chronic inflammatory periodontal disease
journal, February 1997
- Hemmings, K. W.; Griffiths, G. S.; Bulman, J. S.
- Journal of Clinical Periodontology, Vol. 24, Issue 2, p. 110-114
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: