Parallel macromolecular delivery and biochemical/electrochemical interface to cells employing nanostructures
Systems and methods are described for parallel macromolecular delivery and biochemical/electrochemical interface to whole cells employing carbon nanostructures including nanofibers and nanotubes. A method includes providing a first material on at least a first portion of a first surface of a first tip of a first elongated carbon nanostructure; providing a second material on at least a second portion of a second surface of a second tip of a second elongated carbon nanostructure, the second elongated carbon nanostructure coupled to, and substantially parallel to, the first elongated carbon nanostructure; and penetrating a boundary of a biological sample with at least one member selected from the group consisting of the first tip and the second tip.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- UT-Battelle, LLC (Oak Ridge, TN) ORO
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2003 Apr 07
- Research Org:
- Oak Ridge National Lab. (ORNL), Oak Ridge, TN (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 59 BASIC BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES; 77 NANOSCIENCE AND NANOTECHNOLOGY
Other works cited in this record:Whole-cell biocomputing
journal, August 2001
- Simpson, Michael L.; Sayler, Gary S.; Fleming, James T.
- Trends in Biotechnology, Vol. 19, Issue 8, p. 317-323
Quantum Dot Bioconjugates for Ultrasensitive Nonisotopic Detection
journal, September 1998
- Chan, Warren C. W.; Nie, Shuming
- Science, Vol. 281, Issue 5385, p. 2016-2018
Semiconductor Nanocrystals as Fluorescent Biological Labels
patent, September 1998
- Bruchez Jr., Marcel; Moronne, Mario Moronne; Gin, Peter Gin
- Science, Vol. 281, Issue 5385, p. 2013-2016
Natural alleles at a tomato fruit size quantitative trait locus differ by heterochronic regulatory mutations
journal, October 2002
- Cong, B.; Liu, J.; Tanksley, S. D.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 99, Issue 21, p. 13606-13611
The use of Chinese hamster ovary cells to quantify specific locus mutation and to determine mutagenicity of chemicals: A report of the GENE-TOX program
journal, March 1981
- Hsie, A. W.; Casciano, D. A.; Couch, D. B.
- Mutation Research/Reviews in Genetic Toxicology, Vol. 86, Issue 2, p. 193-214
Electrochemically induced adsorption of radio-labeled DNA on gold and HOPG substrates for STM investigations
journal, December 1991
- Brown, G. M.; Allison, D. P.; Warmack, R .J.
- Ultramicroscopy, Vol. 38, Issue 3-4, p. 253-264
Major limitations in the use of cationic liposomes for DNA delivery
journal, March 1998
- Filion, Mario C.; Phillips, Nigel C.
- International Journal of Pharmaceutics, Vol. 162, Issue 1-2, p. 159-170
Micromachined interfaces: new approaches in cell immunoisolation and biomolecular separation
journal, October 2000
- Desai, Tejal A.; Hansford, Derek J.; Ferrari, Mauro
- Biomolecular Engineering, Vol. 17, Issue 1, p. 23-36
Field emission properties of different forms of carbon
journal, June 2001
- Merkulov, Vladimir I.; Lowndes, Douglas H.; Baylor, Larry R.
- Solid-State Electronics, Vol. 45, Issue 6, p. 949-956
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: