Microreactor and method for preparing a radiolabeled complex or a biomolecule conjugate
A microreactor for preparing a radiolabeled complex or a biomolecule conjugate comprises a microchannel for fluid flow, where the microchannel comprises a mixing portion comprising one or more passive mixing elements, and a reservoir for incubating a mixed fluid. The reservoir is in fluid communication with the microchannel and is disposed downstream of the mixing portion. A method of preparing a radiolabeled complex includes flowing a radiometal solution comprising a metallic radionuclide through a downstream mixing portion of a microchannel, where the downstream mixing portion includes one or more passive mixing elements, and flowing a ligand solution comprising a bifunctional chelator through the downstream mixing portion. The ligand solution and the radiometal solution are passively mixed while in the downstream mixing portion to initiate a chelation reaction between the metallic radionuclide and the bifunctional chelator. The chelation reaction is completed to form a radiolabeled complex.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois (Urbana, IL) CHO
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2011 Aug 25
- Research Org:
- The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois, Urbana, IL (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 46 INSTRUMENTATION RELATED TO NUCLEAR SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Other works cited in this record:Samarium-153 and Lutetium-177 Chelation Properties of Selected Macrocyclic and Acyclic Ligands
journal, February 1998
- Stimmel, Julie B.; Kull, Frederick C.
- Nuclear Medicine and Biology, Vol. 25, Issue 2, p. 117-125
Positron Emission Tomography (PET) and Microfluidic Devices: A Breakthrough on the Microscale?
journal, March 2007
- Audrain, Hélène
- Angewandte Chemie International Edition, Vol. 46, Issue 11, p. 1772-1775
Design and Optimization of Coin-Shaped Microreactor Chips for PET Radiopharmaceutical Synthesis
journal, February 2010
- Elizarov, A. M.; van Dam, R. M.; Shin, Y. S.
- Journal of Nuclear Medicine, Vol. 51, Issue 2, p. 282-287
Microfluidic reactor for the radiosynthesis of PET radiotracers
journal, March 2006
- Gillies, J. M.; Prenant, C.; Chimon, G. N.
- Applied Radiation and Isotopes, Vol. 64, Issue 3, p. 325-332
Bifunctional coupling agents for radiolabeling of biomolecules and target-specific delivery of metallic radionuclides
journal, September 2008
- Liu, Shuang
- Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews, Vol. 60, Issue 12, p. 1347-1370
A State-of-the-Art Review of Mixing in Microfluidic Mixers
journal, January 2008
- Mansur, Elmabruk A.; Ye, Mingxing; Wang, Yundong
- Chinese Journal of Chemical Engineering, Vol. 16, Issue 4, p. 503-516
Poly(dimethylsiloxane) as a Material for Fabricating Microfluidic Devices
journal, April 2002
- McDonald, J. Cooper; Whitesides, George M.
- Accounts of Chemical Research, Vol. 35, Issue 7, p. 491-499
Molecular imaging with copper-64
journal, November 2004
- Smith, Suzanne V.
- Journal of Inorganic Biochemistry, Vol. 98, Issue 11, p. 1874-1901
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: