The present invention provides, among other thing, methods for creating significantly deoxygenated bio-oils form biomass including the steps of providing a feedstock, associating the feedstock with an alkali formate to form a treated feedstock, dewatering the treated feedstock, heating the dewatered treated feedstock to form a vapor product, and condensing the vapor product to form a pyrolysis oil, wherein the pyrolysis oil contains less than 30% oxygen by weight.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- University of Maine System Board of Trustees (Bangor, ME) CHO
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2013 Jan 04
- Research Org:
- University of Maine System Board of Trustees, Bangor, ME (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 09 BIOMASS FUELS
Other works cited in this record:Mechanisms of liquefaction and pyrolysis reactions of biomass
journal, April 2000
- Demirbaş, A.
- Energy Conversion and Management, Vol. 41, Issue 6, p. 633-646
A gasification-based biorefinery for the pulp and paper industry
journal, September 2009
- Consonni, Stefano; Katofsky, Ryan E.; Larson, Eric D.
- Chemical Engineering Research and Design, Vol. 87, Issue 9, p. 1293-1317
The occurrence and reactivity of phenoxyl linkages in lignin and low rank coal
journal, March 2000
- Dorrestijn, Edwin; Laarhoven, Lucas J. J.; Arends, Isabel W. C. E.
- Journal of Analytical and Applied Pyrolysis, Vol. 54, Issue 1-2, p. 153-192
Screening heterogeneous catalysts for the pyrolysis of lignin
journal, May 2009
- Jackson, Michael A.; Compton, David L.; Boateng, Akwasi A.
- Journal of Analytical and Applied Pyrolysis, Vol. 85, Issue 1-2, p. 226-230
Lignin fast pyrolysis: Results from an international collaboration
journal, May 2010
- Nowakowski, D. J.; Bridgwater, A. V.; Elliott, D. C.
- Journal of Analytical and Applied Pyrolysis, Vol. 88, Issue 1, p. 53-72
Micro-pyrolysis of technical lignins in a new modular rig and product analysis by GC–MS/FID and GC×GC–TOFMS/FID
journal, May 2009
- Windt, Michael; Meier, Dietrich; Marsman, Jan Henk
- Journal of Analytical and Applied Pyrolysis, Vol. 85, Issue 1-2, p. 38-46
The Catalytic Valorization of Lignin for the Production of Renewable Chemicals
journal, June 2010
- Zakzeski, Joseph; Bruijnincx, Pieter C. A.; Jongerius, Anna L.
- Chemical Reviews, Vol. 110, Issue 6, p. 3552-3599
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: