Nano-material and method of fabrication
A fluffy nano-material and method of manufacture are described. At 2000.times. magnification the fluffy nanomaterial has the appearance of raw, uncarded wool, with individual fiber lengths ranging from approximately four microns to twenty microns. Powder-based nanocatalysts are dispersed in the fluffy nanomaterial. The production of fluffy nanomaterial typically involves flowing about 125 cc/min of organic vapor at a pressure of about 400 torr over powder-based nano-catalysts for a period of time that may range from approximately thirty minutes to twenty-four hours.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Consolidated Nuclear Security, LLC (Reston, VA) Y-12
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Research Org:
- Oak Ridge National Lab. (ORNL), Oak Ridge, TN (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 77 NANOSCIENCE AND NANOTECHNOLOGY
Other works cited in this record:An Approach to Obtaining Homogeneously Dispersed Carbon Nanotubes in Al Powders for Preparing Reinforced Al-Matrix Composites
journal, April 2007
- He, C.; Zhao, N.; Shi, C.
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 19, Issue 8, p. 1128-1132
Laser-deposited carbon nanotube reinforced nickel matrix composites
journal, September 2008
- Hwang, J. Y.; Neira, A.; Scharf, T. W.
- Scripta Materialia, Vol. 59, Issue 5, p. 487-490
Tribological application of carbon nanotubes in a metal-based composite coating and composites
journal, February 2003
- Chen, W. X.; Tu, J. P.; Wang, L. Y.
- Carbon, Vol. 41, Issue 2, p. 215-222
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: