Composite membrane with integral rim
Composite membranes that are adapted for separation, purification, filtration, analysis, reaction and sensing. The composite membranes can include a porous support structure having elongate pore channels extending through the support structure. The composite membrane also includes an active layer comprising an active layer material, where the active layer material is completely disposed within the pore channels between the surfaces of the support structure. The active layer is intimately integrated within the support structure, thus enabling great robustness, reliability, resistance to mechanical stress and thermal cycling, and high selectivity. Methods for the fabrication of composite membranes are also provided.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Synkera Technologies, Inc. (Longmont, CO) CHO
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Research Org:
- Synkera Technologies, Inc., Longmont, CO (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 36 MATERIALS SCIENCE
Other works cited in this record:The formation of controlled-porosity membranes from anodically oxidized aluminium
journal, January 1989
- Furneaux, R. C.; Rigby, W. R.; Davidson, A. P.
- Nature, Vol. 337, Issue 6203, p. 147-149
Deposition of palladium inside straight mesopores of anodic alumina tube and its hydrogen permeability
journal, September 2000
- Itoh, N.; Tomura, N.; Tsuji, T.
- Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, Vol. 39, Issue 1-2, p. 103-111
Preparation of a tubular anodic aluminum oxide membrane
journal, August 1996
- Itoh, N.; Kato, K.; Tsuji, T.
- Journal of Membrane Science, Vol. 117, Issue 1-2, p. 189-196
Gas-tight alumina films on nanoporous substrates through oxidation of sputtered metal films
journal, April 2005
- Park, Yong-il; Cha, Suk-won; Saito, Yuji
- Thin Solid Films, Vol. 476, Issue 1, p. 168-173
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: