Methods for engineering polypeptide variants via somatic hypermutation and polypeptide made thereby
Methods using somatic hypermutation (SHM) for producing polypeptide and nucleic acid variants, and nucleic acids encoding such polypeptide variants are disclosed. Such variants may have desired properties. Also disclosed are novel polypeptides, such as improved fluorescent proteins, produced by the novel methods, and nucleic acids, vectors, and host cells comprising such vectors.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- The Regents of the University of California (Oakland, CA) OAK
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2008 May 21
- Research Org:
- The Regents of the University of California, Oakland, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 59 BASIC BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
Other works cited in this record:Hypermutation targets a green fluorescent protein-encoding transgene in the presence of immunoglobulin enhancers
journal, April 1999
- Bachl, Jürgen; Olsson, Carina
- European Journal of Immunology, Vol. 29, Issue 4, p. 1383-1389
A monomeric red fluorescent protein
journal, June 2002
- Campbell, R. E.; Tour, O.; Palmer, A. E.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 99, Issue 12, p. 7877-7882
Somatic Hypermutation in the Heavy Chain Locus Correlates with Transcription
journal, July 1998
- Fukita, Yosho; Jacobs, Heinz; Rajewsky, Klaus
- Immunity, Vol. 9, Issue 1, p. 105-114
Death by Deamination: A Novel Host Restriction System for HIV-1
journal, August 2003
- Goff, Stephen P.
- Cell, Vol. 114, Issue 3, p. 281-283
RNA Editing Enzyme APOBEC1 and Some of Its Homologs Can Act as DNA Mutators
journal, November 2002
- Harris, Reuben S.; Petersen-Mahrt, Svend K.; Neuberger, Michael S.
- Molecular Cell, Vol. 10, Issue 5, p. 1247-1253
Somatic hypermutation of the AID transgene in B and non-B cells
journal, August 2002
- Martin, A.; Scharff, M. D.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 99, Issue 19, p. 12304-12308
TdT-Accessible Breaks Are Scattered over the Immunoglobulin V Domain in a Constitutively Hypermutating B Cell Line
journal, December 1998
- Sale, Julian E.; Neuberger, Michael S.
- Immunity, Vol. 9, Issue 6, p. 859-869
Genome-wide somatic hypermutation
journal, April 2004
- Wang, C. L.; Harper, R. A.; Wabl, M.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 101, Issue 19, p. 7352-7356
Evolution of new nonantibody proteins via iterative somatic hypermutation
journal, November 2004
- Wang, L.; Jackson, W. C.; Steinbach, P. A.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 101, Issue 48, p. 16745-16749
A strategy for the generation of non-aggregating mutants of Anthozoa fluorescent proteins
journal, December 2001
- Yanushevich, Yurii G.; Staroverov, Dmitry B.; Savitsky, Alexander P.
- FEBS Letters, Vol. 511, Issue 1-3, p. 11-14
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: