System and method for compressive scanning electron microscopy
A scanning transmission electron microscopy (STEM) system is disclosed. The system may make use of an electron beam scanning system configured to generate a plurality of electron beam scans over substantially an entire sample, with each scan varying in electron-illumination intensity over a course of the scan. A signal acquisition system may be used for obtaining at least one of an image, a diffraction pattern, or a spectrum from the scans, the image, diffraction pattern, or spectrum representing only information from at least one of a select subplurality or linear combination of all pixel locations comprising the image. A dataset may be produced from the information. A subsystem may be used for mathematically analyzing the dataset to predict actual information that would have been produced by each pixel location of the image.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- awrence Livermore National Security, LLC (Livermore, CA) LLNL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2013 Oct 25
- Research Org:
- Lawrence Livermore National Lab. (LLNL), Livermore, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 37 INORGANIC, ORGANIC, PHYSICAL, AND ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY
Other works cited in this record:Robust uncertainty principles: exact signal reconstruction from highly incomplete frequency information
journal, February 2006
- Candes, E.J.; Romberg, J.; Tao, T.
- IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, Vol. 52, Issue 2, p. 489-509
Near-Optimal Signal Recovery From Random Projections: Universal Encoding Strategies?
journal, January 2006
- Candes, Emmanuel J.; Tao, Terence
- IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, Vol. 52, Issue 12, p. 5406-5425
Mapping chemical and bonding information using multivariate analysis of electron energy-loss spectrum images
journal, October 2006
- Bosman, M.; Watanabe, M.; Alexander, D. T. L.
- Ultramicroscopy, Vol. 106, Issue 11-12, p. 1024-1032
Unconventional immuno double labelling by energy filtered transmission electron microscopy
journal, January 1996
- Koeck, P. J. B.; Schröder, R. R.; Haider, M.
- Ultramicroscopy, Vol. 62, Issue 1-2, p. 65-78
Multivariate statistics applications in phase analysis of STEM-EDS spectrum images
journal, January 2010
- Parish, Chad M.; Brewer, Luke N.
- Ultramicroscopy, Vol. 110, Issue 2, p. 134-143
Point defect characterization in HAADF-STEM images using multivariate statistical analysis
journal, February 2011
- Sarahan, Michael C.; Chi, Miaofang; Masiel, Daniel J.
- Ultramicroscopy, Vol. 111, Issue 3, p. 251-257
Boron segregation to austenite grain boundary in low alloy steel measured by aberration corrected STEM–EELS
journal, October 2012
- Shigesato, Genichi; Fujishiro, Taishi; Hara, Takuya
- Materials Science and Engineering: A, Vol. 556, p. 358-365
EDX spectrum modelling and multivariate analysis of sub-nanometer segregation
journal, April 1999
- Titchmarsh, J. M.
- Micron, Vol. 30, Issue 2, p. 159-171
Extracting physically interpretable data from electron energy-loss spectra
journal, October 2010
- Witte, C.; Zaluzec, N. J.; Allen, L. J.
- Ultramicroscopy, Vol. 110, Issue 11, p. 1390-1396
Observation of three-dimensional elemental distributions of a Si device using a 360°-tilt FIB and the cold field-emission STEM system
journal, November 2008
- Yaguchi, Toshie; Konno, Mitsuru; Kamino, Takeo
- Ultramicroscopy, Vol. 108, Issue 12, p. 1603-1615
Dose-limited spectroscopic imaging of soft materials by low-loss EELS in the scanning transmission electron microscope
journal, August 2008
- Yakovlev, Sergey; Libera, Matthew
- Micron, Vol. 39, Issue 6, p. 734-740
Analysis of EEL spectrum of low-loss region using the Cs-corrected STEM–EELS method and multivariate analysis
journal, April 2011
- Yamazaki, Takashi; Kotaka, Yasutoshi; Kataoka, Yuji
- Ultramicroscopy, Vol. 111, Issue 5, p. 303-308
EEL spectroscopic tomography: Towards a new dimension in nanomaterials analysis
journal, November 2012
- Yedra, Lluís; Eljarrat, Alberto; Arenal, Raúl
- Ultramicroscopy, Vol. 122, p. 12-18
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: