Anode materials for lithium-ion batteries
An anode material for lithium-ion batteries is provided that comprises an elongated core structure capable of forming an alloy with lithium; and a plurality of nanostructures placed on a surface of the core structure, with each nanostructure being capable of forming an alloy with lithium and spaced at a predetermined distance from adjacent nanostructures.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- University of Louisville Research Foundation (Louisville, KY) CHO
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2009 Dec 30
- Research Org:
- University of Louisville Research Foundation, Louisville, KY (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 25 ENERGY STORAGE
Other works cited in this record:Nanostructured materials for advanced energy conversion and storage devices
journal, May 2005
- Aricò, Antonino Salvatore; Bruce, Peter; Scrosati, Bruno
- Nature Materials, Vol. 4, Issue 5, p. 366-377
Nanostructured Sn–C Composite as an Advanced Anode Material in High-Performance Lithium-Ion Batteries
journal, September 2007
- Derrien, G.; Hassoun, J.; Panero, S.
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 19, Issue 17, p. 2336-2340
Anode behavior of electroplated rough surface Sn thin films for lithium-ion batteries
journal, August 2005
- Morimoto, Hideyuki; Tobishima, Shin-ichi; Negishi, Hiromitsu
- Journal of Power Sources, Vol. 146, Issue 1-2, p. 469-472
Preparation and Electrochemical Properties of SnO2 Nanowires for Application in Lithium-Ion Batteries
journal, January 2007
- Park, Min-Sik; Wang, Guo-Xiu; Kang, Yong-Mook
- Angewandte Chemie International Edition, Vol. 46, Issue 5, p. 750-753
Nano-sized transition-metal oxides as negative-electrode materials for lithium-ion batteries
journal, September 2000
- Poizot, P.; Laruelle, S.; Grugeon, S.
- Nature, Vol. 407, Issue 6803, p. 496-499
The chemical changes occurring upon cycling of a SnO2 negative electrode for lithium ion cell: In situ Mössbauer investigation
journal, February 2006
- Sandu, I.; Brousse, T.; Schleich, D. M.
- Journal of Solid State Chemistry, Vol. 179, Issue 2, p. 476-485
Electrochemical behavior of Sn/SnO2 mixtures for use as anode in lithium rechargeable batteries
journal, June 2005
- Sivashanmugam, A.; Kumar, T. Prem; Renganathan, N. G.
- Journal of Power Sources, Vol. 144, Issue 1, p. 197-203
High rate capabilities Fe3O4-based Cu nano-architectured electrodes for lithium-ion battery applications
journal, June 2006
- Taberna, P. L.; Mitra, S.; Poizot, P.
- Nature Materials, Vol. 5, Issue 7, p. 567-573
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: