Combined on-board hydride slurry storage and reactor system and process for hydrogen-powered vehicles and devices
An on-board hydride storage system and process are described. The system includes a slurry storage system that includes a slurry reactor and a variable concentration slurry. In one preferred configuration, the storage system stores a slurry containing a hydride storage material in a carrier fluid at a first concentration of hydride solids. The slurry reactor receives the slurry containing a second concentration of the hydride storage material and releases hydrogen as a fuel to hydrogen-power devices and vehicles.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Battelle Memorial Institute (Richland, WA) PNNL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Research Org:
- Pacific Northwest National Lab. (PNNL), Richland, WA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 08 HYDROGEN; 36 MATERIALS SCIENCE; 33 ADVANCED PROPULSION SYSTEMS
Other works cited in this record:Rheological investigations of sulphide mineral slurries
journal, December 1995
- Muster, T. H.; Prestidge, C. A.
- Minerals Engineering, Vol. 8, Issue 12, p. 1541-1555
Mechanical alloying and milling
journal, January 2001
- Suryanarayana, C.
- Progress in Materials Science, Vol. 46, Issue 1-2, p. 1-184
The influence of suspension properties on ultra-fine grinding in stirred ball mills
journal, November 1999
- Bernhardt, C.; Reinsch, E.; Husemann, K.
- Powder Technology, Vol. 105, Issue 1-3, p. 357-361
Structural study and hydrogen sorption kinetics of ball-milled magnesium hydride
journal, December 1999
- Huot, J.; Liang, G.; Boily, S.
- Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Vol. 293-295, p. 495-500
Slurry rheology in wet ultrafine grinding of industrial minerals: a review
journal, October 2004
- He, Mingzhao; Wang, Yanmin; Forssberg, Eric
- Powder Technology, Vol. 147, Issue 1-3, p. 94-112
Hydriding kinetics and process parameters in reactive milling
journal, December 2005
- Mulas, G.; Schiffini, L.; Tanda, G.
- Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Vol. 404-406, p. 343-346
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: