Silver-catalyzed synthesis of amides from amines and aldehydes
The invention provides a method for producing amides via the reaction of aldehydes and amines with oxygen adsorbed on a metallic silver or silver alloy catalyst. An exemplary reaction is shown in Scheme 1: (I), (II), (III). ##STR00001##
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- President and Fellows of Harvard College (Cambridge, MA) CHO
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Research Org:
- President and Fellows of Harvard College, Cambridge, MA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 37 INORGANIC, ORGANIC, PHYSICAL, AND ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY
Other works cited in this record:Catalytic Amination of Aldehydes to Amides
journal, February 2001
- Tillack, Annegret; Rudloff, Ivo; Beller, Matthias
- European Journal of Organic Chemistry, Vol. 2001, Issue 3, p. 523-528
Generation of atomic oxygen on Ag(111) and Ag(110) using NO2: a TPD, LEED, HREELS, XPS and NRA study
journal, November 1995
- Bare, Simon R.; Griffiths, K.; Lennard, W. N.
- Surface Science, Vol. 342, Issue 1-3, p. 185-198
Progress in hydroformylation and carbonylation
journal, December 1995
- Beller, Matthias; Cornils, Boy; Frohning, Carl D.
- Journal of Molecular Catalysis A: Chemical, Vol. 104, Issue 1, p. 17-85
Direct Amide Synthesis from Alcohols and Amines by Phosphine-Free Ruthenium Catalyst Systems
journal, November 2009
- Ghosh, Subhash Chandra; Muthaiah, Senthilkumar; Zhang, Yao
- Advanced Synthesis & Catalysis, Vol. 351, Issue 16, p. 2643-2649
Direct Synthesis of Amides from Alcohols and Amines with Liberation of H2
journal, August 2007
- Gunanathan, C.; Ben-David, Y.; Milstein, D.
- Science, Vol. 317, Issue 5839, p. 790-792
A study of the adsorption of oxygen on silver at high pressure by electron spectroscopy
journal, January 1979
- Joyner, R. W.; Roberts, M. W.
- Chemical Physics Letters, Vol. 60, Issue 3, p. 459-462
Alcohol selective oxidation over modified foam-silver catalysts
journal, July 2004
- Pestryakov, A. N.; Bogdanchikova, N. E.; Knop-Gericke, A.
- Catalysis Today, Vol. 91-92, p. 49-52
Cleavage of N-H bonds by active oxygen on Ag(110): I. Ammonia
journal, October 1989
- Thornburg, D. M.; Madix, R. J.
- Surface Science, Vol. 220, Issue 2-3, p. 268-294
Cleavage of NH bonds by active oxygen on Ag(110): II. Selective oxidation of ethylamine to acetonitrile
journal, February 1990
- Thornburg, D. M.; Madix, R. J.
- Surface Science, Vol. 226, Issue 1-2, p. 61-76
Alkyne Carbonylation by Radicals: Tin-Radical-Catalyzed Synthesis of α-Methylene Amides from 1-Alkynes, Carbon Monoxide, and Amines
journal, February 2005
- Uenoyama, Yoshitaka; Fukuyama, Takahide; Nobuta, Osamu
- Angewandte Chemie, Vol. 117, Issue 7, p. 1099-1102
The oxidation of methanol on a silver (110) catalyst
journal, September 1978
- Wachs, Israel E.; Madix, Robert J.
- Surface Science, Vol. 76, Issue 2, p. 531-558
Highly Selective Acylation of Dimethylamine Mediated by Oxygen Atoms on Metallic Gold Surfaces
journal, December 2009
- Xu, Bingjun; Zhou, Ling; Madix, Robert J.
- Angewandte Chemie, Vol. 122, Issue 2, p. 404-408
Selectivity Control in Gold-Mediated Esterification of Methanol
journal, May 2009
- Xu, Bingjun; Liu, Xiaoying; Haubrich, Jan
- Angewandte Chemie International Edition, Vol. 48, Issue 23, p. 4206-4209
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: