Copolymer semiconductors comprising thiazolothiazole or benzobisthiazole, or benzobisoxazole electron acceptor subunits, and electron donor subunits, and their uses in transistors and solar cells
The inventions disclosed, described, and/or claimed herein relate to copolymers comprising copolymers comprising electron accepting A subunits that comprise thiazolothiazole, benzobisthiazole, or benzobisoxazoles rings, and electron donating subunits that comprise certain heterocyclic groups. The copolymers are useful for manufacturing organic electronic devices, including transistors and solar cells. The invention also relates to certain synthetic precursors of the copolymers. Methods for making the copolymers and the derivative electronic devices are also described.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- University of Washington (Seattle, WA) CHO
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2010 Oct 26
- Research Org:
- Univ. of Washington, Seattle, WA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 37 INORGANIC, ORGANIC, PHYSICAL, AND ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY; 14 SOLAR ENERGY
Other works cited in this record:Effect of Molecular Weight and Annealing of Poly(3-hexylthiophene)s on the Performance of Organic Field-Effect Transistors
journal, August 2004
- Zen, A.; Pflaum, J.; Hirschmann, S.
- Advanced Functional Materials, Vol. 14, Issue 8, p. 757-764
Non-equilibrium effects on electronic transport in organic field effect transistors
journal, August 2007
- Andersson, Lars Mattias; Inganäs, Olle
- Organic Electronics, Vol. 8, Issue 4, p. 423-430
Physical properties and field-effect transistors based on novel thiazolothiazole/heterocyclic and thiazolothiazole/phenylene co-oligomers
journal, February 2006
- Ando, S.; Nishida, J.; Fujiwara, E.
- Synthetic Metals, Vol. 156, Issue 2-4, p. 327-331
Alkyl chain length dependence of the field-effect carrier mobility in regioregular poly(3-alkylthiophene)s
journal, January 2005
- Babel, Amit; Jenekhe, Samson A.
- Synthetic Metals, Vol. 148, Issue 2, p. 169-173
A Low-Bandgap Poly(2,7-Carbazole) Derivative for Use in High-Performance Solar Cells
journal, September 2007
- Blouin, N.; Michaud, A.; Leclerc, M.
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 19, Issue 17, p. 2295-2300
Regiocontrolled Synthesis of Poly(3-alkylthiophenes) Mediated by Rieke Zinc: Their Characterization and Solid-State Properties
journal, January 1995
- Chen, Tian-An; Wu, Xiaoming; Rieke, Reuben D.
- Journal of the American Chemical Society, Vol. 117, Issue 1, p. 233-244
Synthesis, Characterization, and Photovoltaic Properties of a Low Band Gap Polymer Based on Silole-Containing Polythiophenes and 2,1,3-Benzothiadiazole
journal, December 2008
- Hou, Jianhui; Chen, Hsiang-Yu; Zhang, Shaoqing
- Journal of the American Chemical Society, Vol. 130, Issue 48, p. 16144-16145
Highly Efficient Solar Cell Polymers Developed via Fine-Tuning of Structural and Electronic Properties
journal, June 2009
- Liang, Yongye; Feng, Danqin; Wu, Yue
- Journal of the American Chemical Society, Vol. 131, Issue 22, p. 7792-7799
Novel Thiophene-Thiazolothiazole Copolymers for Organic Field-Effect Transistors
journal, December 2007
- Osaka, I.; Sauvé, G.; Zhang, R.
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 19, Issue 23, p. 4160-4165
New n-Type Organic Semiconductors: Synthesis, Single Crystal Structures, Cyclic Voltammetry, Photophysics, Electron Transport, and Electroluminescence of a Series of Diphenylanthrazolines
journal, November 2003
- Tonzola, Christopher J.; Alam, Maksudul M.; Kaminsky, Werner
- Journal of the American Chemical Society, Vol. 125, Issue 44, p. 13548-13558
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: